Chapter 3. Like a ninja

・₊✧⋆⭒˚  ˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗ ₊✧⋆⭒˚。⋆

"Deedee! There you are! I found you!" david said using the nickname she hated. He was clearly very intoxicated as he slurred his words and stumbled over to her. He then without warning grabbed her face pulling her into a sloppy kiss. Diana quickly pulled away standing up and backing away from him as he tried coming at her again but she held her arm out and pushed him back "David stop your drunk"

"How much have you had to drink dude" Steve asked standing up and laughing at the man as Diana gave him a side eye.

"Uhhhh oh I ah" he started to count his fingers "I don't really know I didn't count... I am not really a math guy" he slurred through his words as Steve terribly hid his laughter

"David you promised me you wouldn't get this drunk" she said rolling her eyes. She had only ever seen him this drunk once, it was not a good look for him. "How are we supposed to get home?"

"Oh come on baby don't you wanna have fun" he tried grabbing her by the hips but she backed away next to Steve, who could tell she was not only annoyed by how intoxicated he was but was now also getting uncomfortable. She loved David but not this David, the one that gets super drunk and turns into a mega jerk and gets a little to handsy which in turn makes her squirm. She hated having to deal with this and in front of Steve Harrington of all people, as if this wasn't already embarrassing enough as it is. David then grabbed her wrist trying to pull her closer to him. It caused her to loose her balance and stumbled for a moment by the force of his tug, he was a lot stronger than her. "David stop"

Steves face immediately fell from an amused smile to a look of concern. No longer did he find by boy's embarrassment funny, he was now more concerned for the girl, who was clearly uncomfortable. He instinctively stepped forward getting in between David and Diana trying to create space between the two "alright dude you heard her back off"

"Steve Harrington" David laughed backing up "heard your girlfriend left with the Byers kid" Diana could feel the anger radiating off of Steve, she knew this probably wasn't gonna end well "so what? you decided to swoop in on my girl?"

"Back off dude I'm warning you. You're drunk, and an asshole those two things don't usually mix well together"

"David-" Diana tried to walk around Steve but he put his arm out instinctually.

"You know Harrington, I'm actually kinda impressed, I didn't think you cared about anybody other then yourself"

"Yeah well I'm full of surprises"

"Well then I guess all those fears you had of turning out to be just like your father, well I guess it didn't really matter" he said smiling cynically. Diana had known that the two boys knew each other well. they were both on the baseball team and were somewhat in the same inner circle but she wondered how close the two actually used to be, because this started to feel personal. "No no no, your nothing like him. But your mom however, well I guess you turned out to be a whore just like her" Without warning Steve swung his hand at David punching him square in the face. The force of the unexpected blow sent David flying back hitting the wall and landing on the floor knocked out.