Chapter 2. Halloween

・₊✧⋆⭒˚  ˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗ ₊✧⋆⭒˚。⋆

✧⋆⭒˚  ˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗ ₊✧⋆⭒˚。⋆

"Hey Diana" a boy said from behind the girl as she went through her locker looking for her textbooks.

"Oh hey Jonathan '' she said, turning around to face the boy. Jonathan Byers was a tall skinny boy with shaggy brown hair and had a similar demeanor to that of a mouse. He was very intelligent and very kind, but introverted and somewhat of an outcast. him and his brother, will, used to live next door to Diana and Dustin when they were younger and practically grew up together, they were by definition childhood best friends.

"So Halloween is tomorrow. Are you taking Dustin out?" For years on Halloween both she and Jonathan, would get dragged out by their parents to take the kids trick or treating. He would never tell the girl but he lowkey looked forward to it every year. Not just because he liked spending time with her but because it felt like it did when they were younger again even if it was just for a night.

"Actually I was gonna tell you, Tina is throwing this party and.." she grabbed a flier from inside her locker and handed it to Jonathan "your coming"

"Could they not come up with something a little bit more clever than let's get sheet faced?" He said reading the flier with a sarcastic smirk on his face "and no I'm not"

"Oh come on. Dustin and will are old enough now to go out on there own and I can't let you be alone on Halloween"

"Well no need to worry, I won't be alone. I'll be with will and the kids" he said sounding disappointed

"All night?" She looked at the boy curiously as he nodded his head "no, no way your gonna be home by like 8 and then your gonna be listening to that music you like that is entirely way to loud for anyone's eardrums to possibly endure" she said as the two began walking down the crowded hallway.

"Sounds like a good night" he laughed, loving how well she still knew him

"Jonathan just come! I mean who knows, I know Nancy Wheeler will be there" she smiled at the boy. Nancy Wheeler was a girl that Jonathan had been infatuated with ever since junior high. She was the older sister to one of Dustin's friends mike, and even used to hang out with the two actually when they were all younger. but as time went on the three of them grew apart. Diana and Jonathan kept in touch but Nancy became less interested in hanging out with them and more interested in moving up the social food chain.

"I know she uh actually invited me too" he said as his face began to heat up and turn red like a tomato.

Diana stopped and looked at the boy with a wide eye expression "miss priss actually got off her high horse and spoke to you"

"You know she's not that bad and yeah...we talk sometimes" he said as he looked down at the floor shyly

"Since when?" Diana gave him a shocked. He didn't say anything just looked down at the floor to ride his blushing face. As if the universe knew who they were talking about, as they turned the corner they could see none other than Nancy wheeler and Steve Harrington making out all over the lockers "sorry Jonathan but she's dating Steve Harrington to me that's about as bad as it gets"