News and more News

Walking up the drive way we could hear screaming coming from the house, I flinched, mother was screaming profanities at father. "That little whore I want her out of this house Richard!" Mother screamed from somewhere in the house.
"Eleanor she's my daughter!" Dad said loudly.
"Daughter," mother sneered, "she not your daughter!"
"Eleanor!"father snapped.
Sitting down on the front step, I sighed I knew it was going to be a while before we could go in, no use going into the house while they were fighting, especially about me. Looking through my bag I grabbed a baggie of chalk I kept in my purse, for on the occasion we stopped at a park or if we were going to have nights like this. I handed the bag to Nathan who smiled happily before handing out colors to the younger boys.
My mother would most likely drag me by my hair and fling me around like a rag doll if we interrupted her rage. Sighing I took out the notes Cody gave me might as well go over them while we were stuck out here.
I jumped as there was clang and bang, then something shattered in the house. The older boys glanced at the house than to me before continuing to play.
The screaming match continued for another 30 minutes, I thought about telling dad about the pregnancy after all I wouldn't be able to hide it and he was bound the find out one way or another. After waiting around to make sure it was quite I picked up my bag and Liam's carrier and slid through the front door the younger boys following behind, shutting the door silently behind me.
Quietly I went to the kitchen and made sandwiches for the boys and a bottle for Liam before ushering them silently up the stairs, and putting the younger boys in my room to sleep. Walking back downstairs to the living room I found Dad laying across the couch is ankles crossed on the arm rest, he had one arm propped behind his head, and in his other hand was the remote as clicked through the channels until he found the news. Looking around the room, I saw that what had been thrown around, the coffee table was over turned, and a metal skillet lay on the floor closer to the TV and a ceramic coffee cup lay shattered on the floor with spilled coffee seeping into the hardwood floor. I grabbed a dust pan and broom along with a cloth with warm water and another cloth with a bottle of pine sol out of the cleaning pantry, and Set the stuff down on the floor and turning the coffee table right, I removed everything from the floor and set it on the coffee table, and began to sweep up the glass. Father watched me from the couch, as I dabbed the coffee than added the pine sol so the floor wouldn't be sticky and it shine like the rest of the floor, grabbing everything plus the skillet I put everything away and walked back into the living room, sitting down on the floor by the couch, dad put his hand in my hair and stiffened before relaxing to his touch, he began to play with it.
"How much did you hear?" He asked, looking from the TV to me
"Bits and pieces." I said looking back at him.
" so mostly everything. How long were you guys out there?"
"Bout an hour or so." He nodded.
"I'm sorry."
I shook my head, " it's okay I know she doesn't like me, and I know I'm not her daughter." I said turning my head away.
Dad sighed and turned his head back to the news. A lady with a red dress and her blond hair curled and perfect make up stood before the camera microphone in hand as she delivered the night news. "Tonight a teenage girl has come forward, staying she has been raped and had been given GHB at a music camp in New York durring her time this summer. Two other girls have come forward as well, and a video of another young girl who has yet to come forward, surveillance video show a young girl, being dragged, the perpetrator has his back to the camera. An ongoing investigation is pending on what Happened at this camp. Well show you the released video." Dad and I sat up straighter as the lady from the screen disappeared and a grimy video popped up, you could see a girl with a jean skirt, blue blouse and white canvas shoes is being dragged down an empty hall, her long brown hair dragging across the floor, her body limp limp in his arms and he pulls her down the long hall. Dad sucked in a breath through his teeth, then his eyes landed on me, his eyes growing wide, jumping up he grabbed to his coat his keys and his Wallet, before hauling me up from the floor pulling me to the front door, and to the car, quickly he opened my door and pushed me in. I was bewildered at what what happening. "Where are we going?" I ask buckling my seat belt, confused.
"Hospital," he said looking over his shoulder as he backed out of the drive way and drove towards the freeway.
Five short minutes later we arrived at the ER, dad pulling me though the white sterile hall, as the smell of antiseptic filled my nose.
"I need a doctor's to do a rape kit on my daughter and to see if she has GHB in her system." He barked out, glaring the nurse.
Who had asked for ID and to fill out some paperwork. He was causing a screen, trying to get me in as quickly as possible.
I was quickly taken to the back, my father answering medical information to a CNA. " "Okay hunny I'm going to get a sample of your hair," the male nurse said and he plucked a stray hair out of my scalp, I winced, that hurt I thought. " Do you want your dad in here with you?" He asked.
Before I could answer my dad came striding in and stood up by my head, "I'll stay but I'll stay up here." He said pating my head. I hadn't really seen this side of my father. Most of the time he was gone.
"The nurse brought a blanket in and told me to put it over my lap and pull My pants and underwear down and to put my feet in the stirnups. I did as a I was told. Laying back and trying to relax. Let me tell you it hurts.
"Their is some tearing on her hyimenn and some bruising, and some swelling..." The doctor murmured, than he sucked in a breath, and..."
"And...and what?!" My father snapped from up by my head, "she's been raped and she's...pregnant." the doctor said pulling the sheet down. A nurse came back in with a sheet in her hand. " And it looks their was still some GHB in her system still."
My father fell back into the wall putting his hands in his hair then ran a hand down his face. " Your sure?" He asked, eyes red with tears.
"Yes." The doctor said, "I'm sorry." Than left the room. Looking to my dad, I could see the devastating look on his face. He was distraught.