"How are we bypassing those Imperial cruisers?" Hunter pointed to the three other blips circling the dot that was Eriadu, symbolising the Imperial cruisers outside the atmosphere.

"Using a clearance code Rex and I acquired from one of our contacts." Echo had the smallest of smug grins as he said the words, clearly proud of himself for having said clearance code.

"Good to have you back, Echo." Wrecker stuffed another of Shep's rolls in his mouth whole and grinned at Omega.

"Just like old times," I added with a slight edge of amusement in an attempt to loosen my anxiety. It had been too long since all six of us had run a mission.

The ship shot out of hyperspace, the three cruisers in question already looming above us. My chest constricted automatically at the sight of them, my breaths coming shallower and quicker. Aside from Serenno, it'd been a long time since we'd willingly put ourselves so far in Imperial territory, but now we were this close, the strangling feeling I'd become all too used to at one point had returned, my muscles also stiffening in response. The telltale signs of an oncoming panic attack.

Dank farrik. I'd put too much time into ensuring a reaction like this wouldn't happen again. I pressed my lips together and shook my head in an effort to clear those thoughts, forcing myself to take deep breaths and loosening my muscles one exhale at a time. This was a stealth mission. If we were careful, no one would even know we were there. It was nothing to get worked up over.

Omega looked over, noticing my stiff posture, and reached out to take my hand silently, offering up a small smile of reassurance. My answering smile was shaky, but her support helped to ease the lingering panic, enough that I could breathe normally.

"Wrecker, man the tail gun. Just in case," Hunter told the larger clone, who immediately got up with a nod.

"You got it."

"Transmitting clearance codes now." Echo leaned forward to press a couple of buttons on the display, opening the broadcast channel to prepare for the response from the cruisers. Omega squeezed my fingers beside me, her serious gaze firmly fixed on the view outside.

"If this doesn't work, be ready to fly out of here," Hunter warned Tech, gripping the back of Echo's seat so hard I was sure his knuckles would be turning white. Tech nodded, easing back on the controls and letting the Marauder drift toward the planet underneath the Imperial ships.

We didn't have to wait long for a response. "Vessel 1143, you are clear for approach."

The relief was palpable - everyone visibly relaxed, stiff shoulders rolling out and clenched fingers loosening from various tight grips. Even my chest felt like a weight had been lifted off it, though the residual shadows of panic still lingered.

Tech boosted the ship towards the planet, breaking through the cloud cover and heading straight for the landing zone he'd identified - a tiny outcropping of rock barely big enough to hold the entire ship.

"Let's make this quick." Echo already had a gun in hand as we descended the steps, the others following suit with their own weapons. "Before they realise we didn't land at the base."

"What kind of approach are we making?" Omega asked as we forged through the trees, her voice holding far too much enthusiasm for a mission like this. Almost like she was excited to show Echo what she had learned while he was away. "A side-wind breach?"

"It worked on Raxus." Tech acknowledged contemplatively, pausing to mull over the effects of said plan. Echo, however, shook his head grimly, immediately vetoing the idea.

"It won't work here. The Empire's protocols have changed since then."

"Thanks to us," Wrecker cackled, moving ahead to catch up to Hunter.