29:

Crosshair stalked the corridors of the cellblock, alone as he had forcibly requested. He held a high enough rank now that the guards had complied - civilian recruits, just like his own Elite Squad. Incompetent compared to the once-great clones. He wasn't even sure how they had managed to capture two of the targets he had been hunting tirelessly for months. But the important thing was that it had been done, and now he had them in his grasp.

He spared a glance at the girl clad in the black and silver Mandalorian armour, the one whom Hunter had replaced him with so easily after they'd abandoned him. The Jedi.

His lip curled at the thought. He had no doubt the rest of them were not even aware of what she was, that a dangerous enemy sat in their midst. She certainly hadn't told them what she was. That much was clear. Not when she relied on those pathetic blasters almost exclusively, using that power of hers only when she thought no one else had been looking.

Sitting in the farthest corner of the cell, she still had not taken her helmet off, the visor staring into nothing. Stoically silent. Even from here, he could see the tense set to her shoulders, a rigidity that belied her casual exterior. She was afraid, as she should be. Why she of all people had chosen to remain behind while the rest of his old squad had escaped with the traitor they had rescued, he wasn't sure. Out of all of them, it was most dangerous for her. But it served his purposes well - if she was afraid, then she would not dare to risk using those Jedi powers of hers to escape. Not if she wanted to avoid the Empire's radar.

Her arm was in a rough sling - the guards had treated her for her injuries, just as he'd asked. Good. He'd need her fully functional for what he had in mind next for her and the clone sitting in the cell with her. His former sergeant.

Hunter's helmet sat on the bench beside him, back held rigidly straight as he regarded Crosshair the same way he regarded him - only Hunter could not see his expression.

"I figured you'd show up," Hunter remarked to him eventually. A flat tone that betrayed nothing of the emotion running through him. The girl still didn't say anything, though Crosshair noticed her attention had shifted, watching him carefully through that visor of hers.

He shut off the energy barrier to the cell first, both hands going to his helmet to remove it. He wanted them to see his face as he spoke, to behold the damage they had done to him on Bracca. To know of the choices they'd made.

"I was hoping for the whole squad. But you'll do."