Chapter 6: The Kingdom Capital

The next morning:

Y/N's POV:

It's the morning after most of my classmates and I left Garreg Mach to go to the Kingdom... and the morning after Dimitri and Dedue saw the ship...

Y/N's Mind: (sighs) Explaining this to everyone... specifically Felix... is gonna be a pain in the ass, I just know it...

Right now, I'm in camp with most of my classmates and Professor Jeritza, and I am wearing my gear. We're at the camp's entrance. 

Sylvain: Okay, Dimitri... What are we doing here at this hour? 

Felix: If the boar called us all at the entrance, then he must have some ulterior motive. 

Rodrigue turns to Felix. 

Rodrigue: Felix! You're being rude again. I'm sure His Highness has his reasons for calling us here. 

Ingrid: Your Highness. Is it time? 

Dimitri: (nods) Indeed. In a few minutes, we will be leaving to the Capital. So, I wish to ensure that we are prepared before then. 

Mercedes: (concerned) Dimitri. Might I ask why we're leaving so early in the morning? 

Ashe: (concerned) And why aren't Gilbert or the Knights of Serios accompanying us? 

Dedue: Rest assured. All will be revealed soon. 

Ingrid turns to Dedue with a surprisingly negative look on her face. 

Ingrid: (pouts) And what would YOU know? 

Sylvain puts his hand on her shoulder. 

Sylvain: (smiles) Now, now, Ingrid. Don't be rude... or racist. 

He turns to Dimitri. 

Sylvain: But seriously, Dimitri. Why are we the only ones leaving so early? 

We all turn to Dimitri. 

Dimitri: I have asked Gust-.... I mean Gilbert to gather the Knights of Serios and the Kingdom forces to Fhirdiad. We are leaving first to get a head-start. 

Ingrid: A head-start? What do you mean? 

Dimitri: As you know. Much of the Kingdom Army currently in the Capital are blindly obeying my uncle, and he has persuaded them to strike anyone and everyone who would oppose. They have even started oppressing the civilians. 

Everyone's eyes widen upon hearing that. 

Rodrigue: (determined) We have no time to waste! We must go to Fhirdiad now! 

Felix turns to his father. 

Felix: There's just one problem with that you old man. We're pretty far from the Capital. How the hell are we getting there soon enough to save the commoners? 

He turns to Dimitri. 

Felix: Boar. The fastest way to Fhirdiad is five hours long. By the time we get there, the civilians will already be dead. 

Mercedes: (concerned) Felix is right. How are we going to get there? 

Dimitri: Rest assured, I have a plan set in motion. Just as Dedue said, all will be revealed soon.