Prologue: Recap

Y/N Jason Quill, member of the Ravager Space Pirates, got caught trying to steal a particular orb which happens to be a super weapon of mass destruction. Once he was caught by the Nova Corps, Nova Prime sentenced him to complete a set of missions on a mysterious planet. A planet similar to the one he was born in, Earth, but not exactly the same. He, his partner Groot, and his AI companion 2B, all departed for this mysterious planet on Y/N's spaceship. 

Upon arrival to this planet, he went out one day looking for food, because the ones on his ship had gotten spoiled. But before he could go hunting, 2B suggested to him that he not reveal that he used to be a pirate, and instead refer to himself as a mercenary. Right when he was about to hunt, he was met by three people around his age. Claude, next head of the Leicester Alliance. Edelgard, Princess of the Adrestian Empire. And finally, Dimitri, Prince of the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus. Although, Y/N didn't find out about this until later. 

The three of them were pursued by bandits. Because Y/N happened to be in the area, he decided to come to their aid. After they were rescued, and introductions were in order, the three of them took Y/N to their camp. A camp which held their classmates. The three people that Y/N saved were all students from a school called the "Officers Academy" in a place called "Garreg Mach Monastery". 

After meeting everyone at camp, Alois, one of the Knights of Serios, came to Y/N threatening him to accompany the knights and the students back to Garreg Mach. For if he refused, they would kill him on the spot. This is because the Knights of Serios let important noble student out of their sight, and those students were attacked by bandits. So, they brought Y/N to Garreg Mach hoping he would stay quiet. 

Upon arriving at Garreg Mach, Y/N was brought to the archbishop's Audience Chamber. There, he met the archbishop herself, Lady Rhea. Once the two of them had met, Archbishop Rhea came to him with a proposal. That he become a student at the Officers Academy himself. He was hesitant at first, but he eventually accepted the proposal. 

Once accepted, Archbishop Rhea gave Y/N a choice. A choice on which class he should join. He had the choice of either the Black Eagles, of the Adrestian Empire. The Golden Deer, of the Leicester Alliance. Or the Blue Lions, of the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus. The choice was entirely his to make. After careful consideration, there was only one class he could choose. And that house is...