I Promise

POV Cora

I wake up to the sound of waves crashing and murmering in the distance. I open my eyes and let them adjust to the sun. I see Poppy and Eli have a conversation and Elo walks away. When she walks past me she offers me a smiles which I return.

"Cute beanie. I recognize it." She says chuckling and walking away leaving me in my sleeping bag confused.

I touch my head a feel warm fabric I definitely didn't have yesterday. I take it off and see a pink beanie on my head which makes me wonder who out it on me.

"Morning Cory." Poppy says snapping me out of m thoughts

"Morning Popsy." I say groggily.

We sit in silence for a few minutes as we listen to the waves crashing and take in the sun hitting the ocean. Poppy breaks the silence by telling me she's going back to the campsite.

"I'll join you soon." I say and pick up my phone seeing a bunch of missed messages and reply to them.

Surf club

GOAT aka Papa
Sleep tight my love, hope team bonding goes well

GOAT aka Papa
Tell that Baxter boy to sleep on the opposite side of the campsite to you

Mummay
Ignore him. Have fun my darling

C-dawg
Thank you. Im ignoring the last message you sent Papa

Baxy
You know you drool when you sleep

C-dawg
Okay stalker

Bax messaging me puts a smile on my face. I decide to search him on insta and see his profile.

As I'm searching I see he already follows me. I decide to follow back and go through his account. When I look at one of his posts from a month ago my finger slips and I accidentally like the post. I decide to abort quickly and go to my profile. Looking through my feed I see he's liked some of my posts from 2020. As I search more I see he's been following me since forever which makes me blush.

TIME SKIP

"Nationals are moments away team, we need our eyes on the prize." Elo says as we all make our way down to the beach.

Things are still super tense from last night but nothing a good surf can't fix.

"Alright girls let gear up for pairs training. I want Summer and Poppy vs Wren and Bodhi. Cora you can sit this one out." Elo says.

I'm standing next to Griff and look across and see Summer and Bax having an intense conversation which boils my anger and jealously.

"If looks could kill, Bax would be buried." Griff says from behind me giving me a fright.

"Quit stalking me weirdo." I say and slap his arm.

We get into a competition to who can push each other the hardest, me winning for sure until he pushes me sending me flying across the sand.

We burst into a fit of laughter and Elo tells us to calm down making us giggle like school girls.

TIME SKIP

We all are standing in our new team vic tracksuits waiting for the photographer to snap a couple team pics.

I'm standing between Bax and Griff while the team talks.