Team Bonding

POV Cora

I lie in bed, slowly waking up to the sound of waves crashing. I open my eyes  and take in my surroundings. The room I'm staying in is the loft so if I walk a few steps out of bed I can see the living room and kitchen.

I climb out of bed and put a hoodie on with some slipper shoes and make my way down the stairs.

"Morning Manu." I say with a big yawn.

"Wow, someone finally woke up." Prawnie says as he takes a bite of egg.

"Morning Cora. You ready for your first day of training?" Manu asks as he hands me a glass of water.

"Yeah, should be. I mean, the coach isn't my dad, or you, but should be fine." I say after sipping my water. 

My dad, Kaimana, is my coach back home. Him and my mom, Leilani, grew up together surfing. My dad went pro but my mom chose the island life and surfs for fun. Mom and Dads dream was to teach less privileged kids to surf. After my dad won 3 world titles he came home, they had me and then opened their surf school. 

"You should get ready for that by the way." Manu says snapping me out of my day dream. 

"Yeah totally. Wheres Poppy?" I ask wondering why the house is so quiet.

"She went for an early surf with friends. She didn't want to wake you up." Prawnie explains.

"Ok, I'm gonna get ready now." I say and walk up the stairs to my closet and drawer.  

I settle on this with a crew neck which I will take off later.

Once I have changed and bun my hair I make my way down to pack my water and snacks.

"Morning Cory." Poppy says as she walks in the kitchen.

"Morning pookie Pops." I say to her.

"Someones in a good mood." She says smiling at me.

"I guess, how were the wakes?" I ask her hoping I didn't miss out on good ones.

"Decent, nothing too big. I was with Sumner and Bodhi. Just a catch up session." She says smiling.

"I think you should get changed, you're dripping water on the floor." I say pointing down and giggling.