Chapter 15 | Summer Training Camp Is A Paradise of Hot Volleyball Players

Start from the beginning

Turning back to the rectangular bag containing things belonging to the team, you pretended to be busy and picked it up, slinging the lace over your shoulder. "I'll go ahead."

You walked towards the main gym where you were told to assemble after settling down, your head still feeling light from the ride while your thoughts were in disarray.

"I'll take that, (Y/N)-san!"

You didn't even notice the lanky white-haired teen approaching you and taking the bag you were carrying. "(Y/N)-san, so you were Karasuno's manager?"

Turning to him, you finally realized his presence as you recognized him to be Haiba Lev, a first year from your school's team. "Yeah." You nodded, looking back ahead as you two continued to walk. You decided to ignore his addressing of your given name.

"Were they really that good?! How about the first years Hinata and Kageyama?" He bent slightly forward, looking at you with anticipating eyes. "Do you think they're better than our team?"

"I didn't get to meet their first years..." You unenthusiastically answered, your personality reminding the tall teen of their team's setter. You were like a female version of Kenma, and the fact that you were related made you more alike.

"Hey, Lev."

You both halted and turned to the source of the voice, finding Kuroo standing with a displeased expression. "I told everyone we'd be jogging, didn't I?"

The taller teen jumped back, nervously sweating as he kept on avoiding his senior's gaze. "(Y/N)-san looked like she needed help—"

"I didn't." You cut him off nonchalantly.

"Enough excuses." Kuroo grinned evilly and pointed at Lev. "Three additional laps for you."

"Noooooooo!" The silver-haired teen dramatically kneeled down, clutching both sides of his heads until the captain pulled him along.

You watched until they were out of sight, picking up the bag and continuing your way to the gym. You quietly greeted the coaches who were there, placing the bag down on a bench. The gym started to fill with the other teams, and soon Nekoma came back as well, followed by Karasuno's team.

Upon seeing them, you immediately looked away and took out a notebook. They only glanced at your direction, stopping Sugawara before he could even attempt to talk to you. Daichi shook his head, and the grey-haired male sighed and said something that you didn't hear. You were glancing at them with your head low, pretending to be busy.

When the practice matches began, you actually became busy with observing and taking notes. You were surprised as you watched Karasuno's unsynchronized game, but amazed at the same time, as they seemed to be getting better. Even your team's coach commented on them to be evolving really fast. Still, they lost all the matches, but was able to get closer points each time.

Every after Nekoma's matches, you would hand them towels and water bottles, as well as review their match to them with the notes you took. They were beyond grateful, Taketora even had tears on his eyes as he listened, while Kuroo looked at you proudly and showed you off, making you slightly embarrassed. It's been so long since people complimented you so much.

After the practice matches ended, there was free practice. Kuroo and some other members chose to stay for more practice, while you only stayed for a little while before heading out.

Along the way, you passed by a different gym that caught your attention. You can't help but peek inside when you saw members of Karasuno's team, as well as Kiyoko tossing the ball for them while they tried to do a synchronized attack. For some reason, you felt compelled to watch them that you hid behind the door. Nishinoya was repeatedly tossing the ball to a wall, and there were two first years practicing a quick attack. One was practicing serves along with Asahi, but you couldn't see Sugawara there.

"They're working hard, aren't they?"

You were startled at the familiar voice, and your heart suddenly increased its pace in nervousness as you turned around, seeing the smiling face of your ex. You were just unconsciously looking for him to see how he's doing, and now he's here.

"We got really interesting first years." He added, turning his head towards the two who were practicing quicks. "I can say this is the best team we've had in three years."

"S-Sorry." You quickly muttered, hurriedly running away. You heard him call your name, but you didn't stop. You just couldn't face him, or anyone of them. It confused you how he could still be nice to you, why he's talking to you like you two weren't exes.

Panting, you stopped in front of the gym where you first came from, a tall blonde teen with glasses coming out at the same time. He glanced at you for a moment before continuing to leave, and that was when you realized he was also a first year in Karasuno.

Heading inside, Kuroo was still practicing, but he turned to you as soon as he noticed and smiled, walking towards the bench where you sat. "I thought you were heading back."

You didn't respond and just lowered your head, lifting your legs to the bench as you hugged them towards your chest before resting your forehead on your knees.

"What's wrong?" Kuroo crouched down in front of you, placing a hand on your head as he peeked at you from below. "Did something happen?" He softly asked.

"Kōshi talked to me..." You mumbled, lifting your head a little as you looked at him.

Sure, the thought of your ex and you talking wasn't pleasing to him, but he was more concerned of how you felt than how he did. "What did he say?"

You sighed. "Nothing much... I ran away."

"Kuroo! Let's practice a bit more before dinner!" Bokuto called him cheerfully.

He glanced behind him. "Yeah, coming!" He yelled, sighing before he turned to you again. "Tell me about it later, okay?" And with that, he jogged back to the center.

You let out a sigh, watching him as he blocked Bokuto's spikes. Even with a plain black shirt, he still looked attractive that you couldn't take your eyes off him. His hotness was illegal. Because of this, you failed to notice Lev sneaking beside you as he grabbed a bottle of water. "So, (Y/N)-san, are you dating Kuroo-san?"

The sudden question surprised you, your heart racing as you thought about it. He never told you he liked you or anything, but he acts so sweet and affectionate towards you as if you two were a couple. You liked him, and that's already something you admitted with yourself, but not to him. You couldn't say it because you were afraid, and it's not of rejection. It was something that you couldn't pinpoint, or maybe you were just content to what you two were right now.

"No." You replied after a while, but Lev wasn't there anymore. Yaku had already pulled him back to the court and began practicing receives.

Sighing yet again, you decided to head out and take a bath.

——————————
To Be Continued
——————————