Looking back over my shoulder, I saw that everyone was just staring at me expectantly. I broke out into a wide grin and turned to face them fully, calling out, "What are you waiting for? The water feels great!"

The teenagers all broke out into wide smiles and jumped off their horses. They ran down to the sand and began taking off their boots and rolling up their pants before running into the water. Jean took a sip and Connie splashed Sasha in the face.

"Ah! My eyes!" She cried, "They burn!"

"Blah! That's salty!" Jean screeched.

I giggled at them as I took off my cloak and jacket, tossing them back onto the dry sand. I heard Hanji shout with excitement, "Woo hoo hoo! Wow. Is this actually full of salt water? Huh? What could that be?"

"Hey, Hanji! You shouldn't touch it, it might be poisonous," Levi warned.

The waves crashed before us and rocked against my legs. I couldn't stop the wide grin that spread across my face and the tears that pooled in my eyes. This was the thing that I had been searching for my whole life. And now... I was here. I was seeing it with Levi, just like we promised.

Suddenly, arms wrapped around my waist and picked me up. I turned my head, seeing Jean was the person they belonged to. He smirked down at me as he began walking deeper into the sea.

"Jean? What are you doing?" I asked, slightly panicked. 

"It looked like you needed to cool off, Captain," he replied mischievously. 

I gasped and tried to wiggle free from his arms, "No! Jean, don't you dare!"

 "Too late!"

I screamed as I was thrown forward, but quickly shut my mouth and eyes before I hit the water. The cold water was a shock for a moment before it went away. I emerged from the water, glaring at the teenager in front of me. He merely laughed at my drenched form. 

I tried to keep my glare, but I couldn't stop the smile that grew on my face. Soon enough, I was laughing too as I brushed my wet hair out of my face. I ran after him, Sasha and Connie joining me as we tried to splash and dunk each other under the water.

Third Person POV

Levi watched his girlfriend laugh and have fun with the teenagers, a small smile gracing his face. This was the most carefree and happy he had seen her in a long time. Taking the opportunity of her distraction, he called out, "Eren. Come here for a second."

The 16-year-old glanced at Armin and Mikasa for a moment, all three of them sharing a look of confusion and curiosity. But, nonetheless, he went over anyway. 

"What is it, Captain?" Eren asked. 

Levi spoke lowly so that only Eren would hear him. "Call me old fashioned, but I wouldn't feel right if I didn't ask for your blessing."

"My... blessing?" Eren inquired, not quite sure what the older man was hinting at.

Levi sighed in annoyance, glancing around to make sure no one was listening before saying, "I'm asking if you'd be okay with me proposing to Y/N."

Eren's eyes widened as he nearly choked on his breath. "You... You want to... marry my sister?"

"Of course," Levi rolled his eyes, "I knew from the day we met that I was going to marry her. I think... I think it's finally the right time."

Eren's gaze softened as Levi's words sunk in. He looked from Levi to where his sister was laughing and messing around as if she were a teenager herself again. A small smile grew on his lips before he turned to face the man again. "Of course I'd be okay with it. You make her happy. Just promise me... Promise me that you'll take care of her, okay?"