The 57th Exterior Scouting Mission Part 2

Y/n POV

"An abnormal? No, she's more like-more like the colossal titan! Wait, so does that mean Commander Erwin was-" Started Eren. "Hey! Snap out of it, runt!" Oluo yells. "You can puzzle it all out later. Right now we need you focused on pushing ahead," Petra tells him. "Right!" He answers. "Alright guys, we're gonna tuck Eren away somewhere up here so that she can't find him," I told them. Then we heard more cannon shots come from behind us, probably shooting more harpoons through her to make sure she doesn't get away. When we finally reached a spot that was far enough away from the female titan, they finally pieced it together.

"So that was the plan the whole time? We weren't flying by the seat of our pants? Look, I'm not complaining. I get keeping it from me. But come on! Keeping you guys in the dark? You'd think you'd earned a little more trust than that, right?" Eren continued. "Damn you're annoying," Oluo stated. "Y/N, did you know?" Asked Petra. I sighed and nodded my head, feeling ashamed that I had kept this from them. "I'm sorry. I wanted to tell you all. Put your minds at ease a little. But Erwin insisted we keep it between the select few that he told," I added. "It doesn't matter! You didn't keep the plan from us because you think we're a liability!" Petra says, more to Eren than me. "I'm sorry, but that's what it seems like! There's just no other way it makes sense!" Eren explained. "Enough of this! Petra! Knock the teeth out of his skull!" Oluo growled pointing his blade at Eren. "Look, I hate to say it, but he's got a point," Eld said. "Huh?" Oluo questioned. "For being as supposedly instrumental to the plan as we were, the captains didn't give us much to go on," he continued. "So what?" Gunther asked. "That means they don't trust us. Kind of a big deal. C'mon you guys. Think about it. Maybe Eren isn't the only one who can change. Maybe someone in the regiment's a titan spy," Eld explained. "A spy? Are you sure about that?" Gunther questioned. Eld continues his explanation, "Well, no. But I'm sure the Commander believes it. He'd have to. And I'll wager you anything the only people in the know on this were the survivors from five years ago." "Of course. That's gotta be it," Gunther says. "I concur whole-heartedly. Hear that snivel-drop? There was a good reason," Oluo says. "Right. Yes. A perfectly good reason. It adds up. After all, in their position, it's the best way of narrowing down the list of suspects to a manageable number. Shiganshina's probably when the spy got in," Petra added. "So, you think this person's responsible for killing Sawney and Bean?" Eld asked. "Possibly. In fact, after it happened, the commander asked me this odd question," she continued. "So that's what he meant. Of course," Eren finished. "If we'd known the answer to that question, he probably would have let us in on what was happening today. Tough, there again, I don't think any of us could've," Eld continued. "Speak for yourself, my friend. I knew. I just decided to keep my own counsel. Doubtless you appreciate the reason for my silence," Oluo explains. I roll my eyes at him. "Which would be?" I question. "Oh, come now. Surely you all know? Dear oh dear. Perhaps I've said too much already. Well, one day, when you've reached my level of expertise..." he continued. I stood up and turned to look at him with an annoyed face. "Look, we all get that you like to pretend you're Levi. But that's not how he sounds," I said. Everyone looked at Eren and I as Eld asked the question I've been dreading. "You think the commander was wrong to leave us out of the loop?" I lean my head onto the tree trunk and close my eyes with a heavy sigh. "I don't know. A lot of good people died today, and maybe that could have been avoided. Or we could have all died. Either way, all I know is that he made the decision he thought was best and we can't change anything that happened now. I understand why you wouldn't trust the commander, Levi, or me. But all I can ask of you...is to continue to put your faith in me. I've had your backs for 7 years, and I don't want any of my friends to die. So please, trust me," I finished with a pleading look. They all looked at me in shock, before Petra ran over and hugged me tight. "Of course, we trust you Y/N!" She spoke. I smiled and hugged her back as they all nodded in agreement and gave an "of course" in reply. "Eren, I can understand why you still have your doubts, but in time you'll come to realize, just like we all did, why Erwin Smith was entrusted to lead the Scouts and carry humanity's hope," Eld told him. "Or why even someone as cagey as Captain Levi can trust him," Petra added. "Indeed. Live long enough and you'll understand the weight of it," Oluo said. "I trust Erwin with my life, till the end," I added.