Chapter 11

6 weeks later Billie's stitches have healed up from the C-section and has been cleared to carefully go back to work by the doctor as Billie is still sore. Joey has just had her 6 week check up as well and the doctor said she's doing as well as expected for what she has going on. For the past two weeks before his 6 week appointment Billie has been having band practice carefully easing his way back to go back to work.

Billie is in the back of the bus with Joey as he's getting ready for his first show back since he had the baby. Mike peeks in to check on them. "You good Billie?" Mike asks. "Just a bit nervous is all" Billie says. "Joey will be just fine" Mike smiles. "This won't be like soundcheck or band practice I won't be able to have eyes on her" Billie says. "Oh yeah surprise your mom is inside" Mike says. "Wait what get out of here I gotta feed Joey" Billie says. Billie shuts the door and feeds Joey. 10 minutes later Tre knocks on Billie's door. "We have 15 more minutes before the show are you almost ready Billie?" Tre asks his friend. "Yes I'm almost done feeding Joey" Billie tells Tre. "Take your time they can wait" Tre states. Billie finishes, clean himself up and puts on a shirt and then places a sleeping Joey into her carrier and he puts a blanket on top then grabs the ready to go diaper bag and walks into the venue. "Mom" Billie smiles. "How are you Billie" Ollie smiles at her son. "Sore and tired mom I'm up every 2 hours to feed and change Joey but I'm happy to see you" Billie says. "Trust me sweetie I know the routine I did it six times" Ollie reminds her son. "All three of you looking exhausted but don't worry I'm here to help" Ollie gives all three of them a reassuring smile. "We greatly appreciate it Ms. Ollie" Tre and Mike both say. "Me more then them" Billie says as he puts down the baby carrier and the diaper bag to hug his mom. "Happy to be able to be here to help and see my beautiful granddaughter in person for the first time" Ollie smiles. "Joey has just been fed she's now sleeping and everything needed is in the bag, love you mom" Billie as he walks towards the stage of having his guitar.

Billie, Mike and Tre are onstage playing and Billie's mom is going back and forth between the side of the stage and the dressing room carrying little Joey. At the end of the show Billie does Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) on his acoustic guitar and Mike is holding Joey. Billie ends and comes backstage after the show is over.

After Billie feeds Joey and puts her in her carrier with the blanket over it and grabs the diaper bag and heads off to the meet and greet. The fans there go nuts seeing Mike, Tre and Billie especially seeing Billie with the baby carrier and everybody wants to peek at the baby but Billie desn't let them.