Chapter 3: Girl Afraid

A few days later, I'm sitting in class when I get a text from Takemichi asking if I can meet him after school. I'm guessing it's just to thank me for the other night or to tell me how Draken is doing.

On top of that, I need to see if he is psychologically okay. He was talking a lot about time leaping as well as predicting the future. I read somewhere that traumatic events and brain injuries could be correlated. This must be what it was talking about.

The bell rings, and I pack up my things while looking at the desk in the corner of the room. That's supposed to be Kazutora's desk.

He still hasn't come to school. Is he out yet? Keisuke still won't tell me. Even if Kazutora is out of jail, he's never been one for school. But I figured he'd come at least one day of the week to see me or let me know he's doing okay...

I'm the first one to get to the classroom we agreed to meet at. While I wait, I check the work I have to catch up on, which is a lot considering I've been promoting. Luckily or unluckily for me, I'm almost done with music show promotions. However, there's still photoshoots, brand deals, CFs, interviews, and other activities to be done. I haven't ran out of things to do. A break once in a while would be nice, but at the same time, frequent output is how you survive in the industry until you become a household name.

"Y/N! What's up?" Takemichi walks into the classroom, interrupting my thoughts.

"Hey! How is Draken doing?" I greet him.

"He's doing a lot better, thankfully... I told him you came to help, and he told me he knew because he was awake, but still. He wants to thank you in person when he gets completely better." He replies, shaking his head.

"Really? Okay, sure, but how?" I know better than to refuse. Besides, I'd like to properly meet Draken. He might've made me laugh with some of his comments if the situation wasn't so dire.

"Well, I can give you his number if you want? I don't know." Takemichi shrugs. "And by the way, I know I probably sounded crazy when I told you about Toman killing my girlfriend in 12 years, but please don't tell anyone because it's true and it could mess up everything. And so far, I've just managed to make Draken survive because in the original timeline, he died when he got stabbed. I also managed to make him and Mikey make up, but I need to make sure it doesn't go farther than killing my girlfriend in 12 years! There's way too many factors that will make Toman bad in the future. So please don't say anything!"

His story sounds absolutely crazy. I'm starting to doubt whether someone can come up with such a story on their own. "I won't. But in general, would you say you have an overactive imagination?"

"I do like movies. But I don't think I do. Wait, are you implying I'm making this up?! Because I seriously couldn't be. If you want, I'll tell you the full story." He gasps in disbelief at the fact that I'm in disbelief about his unbelievable story. "It started when I was 26, and someone pushed me into some train tracks. I lived to tell the tale, but when I opened my eyes, I was at my old middle school with an ugly ass haircut. And then, I got jumped and then Mikey and Draken showed up at our school unprovoked and threatened my girlfriend, which obviously didn't slide well for me because they kill her 12 years later. And then, there's drama because all of a sudden, people are getting arrested and then Mikey and Draken are fighting, but then I make them make up, but that doesn't prevent Draken from getting stabbed, and it turns out there are some crazy people that are not in Toman trying to pull up. Not to mention there is an evil mastermind freak who is trying to make his way into the team, when he is clearly not a part of it. So that's where we are now. And I went back to being 26 recently, and it turns out my girlfriend dies again! So we are nowhere near our goal of saving my girlfriend from Toman."