Chapter 1: Opening Sequence

"Oh my god, pick up after yourselves." I roll my eyes at my brothers after looking at all of the trash cans and bags everywhere, including next to my eldest brother's pillow. They must've thrown a rager earlier. They never clean up after themselves when that happens.

"But I'm tired. It's too early for this shit." My eldest (I am the eldest boy) brother Ran groans into his pillow.

"It's 2 in the afternoon. You can do it." I sigh and walk out of his room. "By the way, you gotta take me to practice later."

"Make Rinrin drive ya. I'm tired." He flips over on his bed and throws a stray piece of trash at me.

It looks like he's not gonna change his mind, and I don't want to start a fight. Ran's scary when he's mad...

I knock on my other older brother Rindou's door. "Are you busy?"

"Nope. Oh, wait." Rindou opens the door and pokes his head out. "You have practice soon right?"

"Yeah, but Ran doesn't want to take me." I lean against the doorframe and peek into his room. It's just as messy... "By the way, he's back to calling you Rinrin."

"Ugh... I'll take ya. But I'm warning you, I don't got a driver's license. I'm practicing!" He tells me, and I sigh.

"It's fine..." I'm definitely getting my driver's license as soon as I can. I love my brothers, but one is too tired to do anything half the time and the other should not be allowed on the road. "I have to be there in an hour. And if you keep playing your music too loud, Ran's gonna yell at you."

"Wouldn't want that now... Let me finish this beat and then I'll drive ya to practice." Rindou shakes his head and closes the door.

I nod my head in approval and go back to my room to finish packing everything I need up. After throwing on my workout clothes, making tea for my throat, and grabbing my language books and shoving them into a backpack, I find myself staring at the main room judgingly. Seriously, couldn't they at least make people throw their trash away once they're done with it? They're influential enough to do that, I think.

Rindou finally walks out of his room and grabs Ran's car keys off the counter. I'm already bracing myself for a potential accident.

"What are you doing?" Rindou starts the conversation after a few minutes of silence.

"The main practice today is dance practice. I'm supposed to be learning some new choreography, but I'm kind of dreading it. I don't even like dancing that much." I complain, looking out the car window as we leave our hometown (#warriors) (Tenji-kisaki-reiner).

"Whaaat? I think dancing is the best part." Rindou looks at me weirdly, but shrugs.

"It's fun, but I like singing a lot more. And I'm better at it. Doesn't everyone like what they're better at more?" I comment, glancing between him and the road in front of us.

"I guess. You know, one time, I was trying to make some beats for my side DJ hustle. Speaking of, I finally got to DJ at our last party! What I'm saying is, everyone was dancing and even though some guys were terrible dancers, it was still fun." Rindou delivers a Ran-esque life lesson/lecture. "By the way, why'd you go with blue for your hair? I don't want to match with you."

I blink a few times, then pick which part to answer first. "You DJ'ed? That's cool. Your music is... experimental, which is always interesting. And it's not like I wanted to match with you! My stylist gave me two options: orange hair or blue hair. Who would go with orange hair?! Blue isn't much better, but orange is just crazy. That's why I went with blue." I touch my hair, examining the aqua color of it.