34 | sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows

lighter /
galantis, david guetta, 5sos 

i feel a little bit lighter
when the world's heavy as stone
in the cold, you shine a bit brighter
when i'm with you
wherever we go, the cold ain't so cold

🍊 🍊 🍊

| real life |

real life

When my alarm goes off at eight in the morning on Friday, Chris' arm automatically tightens around my waist from where he is curled around me from behind. I had gone to bed earlier than normal last night claiming I had a headache, but in reality, I needed to figure out a few last-minute things for our trip. I roused from my sleep in the early hours of the morning when Chris crawled in bed beside me, and yawned through a half an hour rant about the movie he and Matt just watched.

"Why's your alarm going off?" Chris grumbles into the back of my neck, his voice rough with sleep.

I roll over to face Chris, smiling when he automatically buries his face in my chest, his head tucked right under my chin. "I have a surprise for you guys and it involves getting up now."

"Why so early?" Chris mumbles, one of his legs slipping between my own as he tugs me closer to him. "I like surprises that happen after noon."

"Too bad. We have to get up." I rest my hand on the back of Chris' head, running the soft strands of his hair through my fingers. A tiny moan slips from Chris' mouth, and the sound travels all the way down my body, leaving every part of me tingling.

"Stay in bed with me." Chris lifts his chin slightly to press his lips to my collarbone, his breath hot on my skin. "Please."

"This isn't fair." My words come out breathier than I care to admit, and my heart stutters when Chris presses a second, firmer kiss further up my neck. "Chris."

"Stay," he whispers into the shell of my ear.

Swallowing back every instinct that is screaming at me to submit to Chris' request and never leave his side again, I suck in a sharp breath to steady my racing heart before I speak. "We are on a timeline. Get up."

Chris groans in disappointment, his eyes glued to me as I shuffle away from his warmth. "You're breaking my heart, B."

"You'll get over it." I shoot him a quick grin. "I'm going to wake up Nick and Matt. Get up and come to the living room."

I receive similar grumbles of frustration from Nick and Matt for waking them up, but soon enough, all three boys are trudging into the living room, yawns escaping each of their lips.

"What's going on?" Matt mumbles sleepily as he sits on the couch. Chris drops into the seat beside him, and Matt doesn't shove him away when Chris cuddles into Matt's side, resting his head on Matt's shoulder.

"It's too early for this," Nick grumbles, planting himself on the couch beside Chris.

Standing in front of them, I clasp my hands in front of me, the large grin on my face showcasing my excitement. "I apologize for waking you up so early, but we have somewhere to be."

"Where the fuck do we have to be at eight in the morning on a Friday?" Nick yawns, shuffling lower down on the couch.

"Laguna beach."

My answer catches each of the boys' attention, their sleepy eyes widening in confusion. "Huh?"

"We're going away for the weekend. Laura cleared your schedule," I explain, bouncing slightly on my toes.