13 | it's giving she's the man

♫  why'd you only call me when you're high? / arctic monkeys  ♫

i'm trying to change your mind
it's harder and harder to get you to listen
why'd you only call me when you're high?

🍊 🍊 🍊

| real life | social media |

real life

When Matt and Chris finally wake up around noon, Nick and I are curled up on the couch in their living room, arguing about different time travel movies while Back to the Future plays in the background. Matt emerges from his room first, right as Nick begins beating me with a throw pillow.

"Take it back!" he yells, slamming the pillow down onto my shoulder.

"NO!" I shout back, laughing when the pillow slams into my face. "I said what I said and I meant what I said!"

"What the fuck is going on?" Matt comes into the living room area, frowning at his brother. "Why are you beating Bryn up?"

"She said that it makes no sense that Captain America goes back in time to be with Peggy at the end of Endgame!" Nick smashes the pillow against my leg, dodging me when I attempt to kick him.

"Because it doesn't!" I argue, trying to shift away from rampaging Nick. "Some people say he created a new timeline, but if he did that, he couldn't return to the bench at the end of the movie! It makes no fucking sense!"

"It makes perfect sense!" Nick brings the pillow down on my head. "And it's fucking perfect!"

"I've heard that he was just Peggy's husband the whole time anyway," Matt plops down onto the couch, keeping a safe distance from Nick and I's one-sided pillow fight.

"What the fuck does that even mean?" I twist from where I am lying on my back to look at Matt. "That makes even less sense! It would change the whole timeline!"

"No, because he created a new timeline!" Nick shrieks.

The pillow bulldozes into my face, harder than before. "Fuck, Nick!" I groan, rubbing my nose. "If he created a new timeline, how the hell did he get back to the original timeline? He had no more of the stupid time travelling thingies!"

"He gained special time travelling abilities!" Nick continues to defend his argument, the pillow hitting me with each statement he makes.

I sputter on a laugh. "That's the stupidest fucking thing I have ever heard in my life!" When the pillow hits my chest with an insane amount of force and my breath catches, I decide I've had enough. My muscles tensing with anticipation, I quickly roll off the couch, dodging Nick's attack. I land on my knees and quickly stand up, launching myself at Nick before he can react.

I hear Matt start laughing when I collide with Nick, knocking him off the couch. He hits the ground with a bang, a groan escaping his lips. "What the fuck, Brynlee?"

I scoff, throwing the pillow at his head. "Stop acting like a victim, you just spent the last two minutes beating the shit out of me."

Nick scowls at me from the floor for a moment before slowly hoisting himself up. He stares at me for a moment, a calm expression on his face. "I'm going to destroy you." As soon the words leave his lips, he is whipping the pillow down at me.

"Nick!" I shout, covering my head. "Stop fucking hitting me!"

I hear footsteps approaching, but Nick continues to slam the pillow against me.

"The fuck is going on?" Chris' voice is full of amusement.

Matt sighs, exasperated at this point. "They're fighting about time travel."