The Jedi quickly pushed the clone into the wall. His head bashed against the wall, knocking his head from inside his helmet. As Jaika pinned the clone, the distant echoes of footsteps grew even louder.

Wolffe let out a muffled groan and raised a hand to his helmet. The Jedi instantly took a step back, "Wolffe?" Jaika questioned, tilting her head to the side as she watched him. Alpha rolled towards them, yapping and waving his arms around in warning.

"What did you hit me for?" He groaned in response, making Jaika release a heavy breath which she didn't know she was holding. "I'll explain later. Come on." She answered before she stepped away and began to run down the corridor with Alpha rolling after her.

Wolffe looked off in the other direction and noticed the distant shadows flicker against the walls, making him turn and run after Jaika.

Jaika sprinted through the next corridor, jumping over a broken blaster door and rolling beneath fallen lights. Wolffe followed after her as Alpha activated his jets to stay at her pace.

She turned around another corner and quickly stopped in her tracks when she came face to face with a small squad of troopers. They all turned to face her with their blasters raised. Jaika tightened her grip around her hilts and waited.

Wolffe stopped behind Jaika and laid eyes on a scene he'd never thought he'd see. He saw the way they aimed their blasters at Jaika, all eight of them; he knew that none of them were set to stun. "Troopers. Stand down." Wolffe ordered, as he gripped his pistols in his hands.

"Chancellor's Orders, Commander." One trooper answered, in a tone so monotone it made Wolffe take a step back. Sucking in a deep breath, Wolffe raised both of his twin blasters. The Commander could feel his eyes sting from behind his vizor as he looked at his brothers, who had lost their personality. They had become drones, completely unrecognizable. He couldn't believe it.

"Stand down now, or I'll shoot." He threatened, as his hands began to shake. Jaika peered over her shoulder to observe Wolffe, before she glanced back at the troopers in front of her.

Her eyes honed into one of the troopers, who's finger twitched against the trigger of his blaster. Her breath got caught in her lungs as the Jedi quickly ignited one of her blades in time to deflect the blast, which hit the trooper in the shoulder.

Placing herself into a fighting stance, Jaika ignited both blades holding them in front of her body. The blue light from the blades reflected onto her skin, illuminating the monochrome hallway with a new and foreign light.

The troopers aimed again and released a wall of blaster fire upon the Jedi. Jaika gasped and swung her lightsabers, circling them in front of her body to deflect the blasts.

From behind her, a current of blasts powered towards the troopers, knocking them down. Jaika continued to deflect their blasts, hitting them in more lethal areas to demobilise them.

Once the last trooper fell, Jaika stood up straight and looked down at the troopers, who's armor now steamed with blaster burns. Jaika's eyes washed over with guilt before she gazed over her shoulder and looked at Wolffe.

He seemed to be frozen in place, still holding his blasters straight in front of him. The trooper breathed heavily beneath his armor, as he slowly lowered his pistols. "I'm sorry brothers." He muttered, before he tilted his head and looked through his vizor at the Jedi before him. He knew she was scared.

Wolffe could finally understand the stakes of the situation. There was no exaggeration, the wolfpack was trying to kill Jaika.

The distant clatter echoed from behind them, grabbing both of their attention and making them look back at an approaching squad. One which was much larger than the one they had just fought. "Run." Jaika ordered and without a second thought, she broke into a sprint.