steal my girl

The Glade was buzzing with activity as I walked around, trying to keep a straight face while carrying the weight of our secret relationship with Newt. It was exciting but nerve-wracking at the same time. As I spotted Newt by the trees, I couldn't help but smile, but there was a hint of tension in his eyes.

Just as I reached him, Minho, the resident jokester, bounced over with a mischievous grin. "Hey, Y/N, up for a run later?" he teased, his eyes twinkling.

I laughed, feeling Newt's eyes on us. Before Newt could say anything, Minho added, "Unless you're too busy with... other stuff." The implication was clear, and Newt's jaw clenched in frustration.

Feeling the tension rise, I touched Newt's arm, silently pleading for him to stay calm. Newt pulled me aside, his voice low but determined. "It's time to stop hiding. Let's make it official in front of everyone."

I felt a mix of excitement and nerves, but I knew he was right. With a nod, I agreed, squeezing his hand for support. Together, we turned back to face the group, ready to spill the beans.

As the sun started to set, Newt took a deep breath and announced, "Y'all, listen up! Y/N and I are together, and we want everyone to know."

The Gladers gasped in surprise, and I felt a rush of relief wash over me as our secret was finally out. Minho's eyes widened, but he quickly grinned, saying, "Well, it's about time!"

Newt shot him a playful look before turning back to me, his eyes full of love and promise. In that moment, surrounded by our friends in the fading light of the Glade, I knew that our love story was just beginning, and it was going to be one for the books.