two of us

I woke up that morning with a heavy heart, the weight of memories and longing bearing down on me. As the sun's gentle rays filtered through the window, I found myself immersed in thoughts of Cedric, the love of my life. It had been years since I lost him, but his absence still reverberated through my soul.

With a mix of hope and sorrow, I reached for my phone and dialed Cedric's number. I knew he wouldn't answer, yet I needed to hear his voice, even if it was just his voicemail. The ache in my chest intensified as the familiar beep signaled the beginning of his recorded message.

"Hey, it's Cedric. Sorry I can't come to the phone right now. Leave a message, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can."

Tears welled up in my eyes as I whispered into the phone, "Cedric, my love, I miss you more than words can express. Sometimes, I wish it had been me instead of you that day. The day that Peter Pettigrew stole you from me. But I know you would want me to keep going, to live my life to the fullest."

Memories flooded my mind, vivid and poignant. I recalled the laughter we shared, the dreams we nurtured together, and the comfort of his words when life seemed unbearable. "Don't give up," Cedric used to tell me. "You can do it, day by day." Those simple words became my mantra, a reminder of his unwavering faith in me.

I gently touched the tattoo on my arm, a permanent tribute to Cedric. It was a line from his favorite song, etched into my skin and etched into my heart. It reminded me that he was always with me, guiding and supporting me from beyond. I believed that he watched over me, proud of the person I had become.

Through the passing years, his memory remained a steadfast presence in my life. I never felt alone, for his love and essence were embedded within me. Even in my darkest moments, I held onto the belief that he was still by my side, urging me to persevere.

As the end of my life drew near, I reflected on the journey we had shared. It hadn't always been easy, but the love we had was worth every triumph and every heartache. And as I closed my eyes for the last time, I felt a familiar warmth envelop me.

When I opened my eyes once more, I found myself in a place that felt ethereal and timeless. And there he was, Cedric, standing before me with a smile that lit up the heavens. Without hesitation, I ran towards him, our souls intertwining as our lips met in a passionate kiss.

In that moment, all the pain, the longing, and the years of separation vanished. It was as if time had rewound, and we were young again, consumed by the intensity of our love. We held each other tightly, savoring the taste of our reunion.

I knew that our love would transcend eternity. Cedric's presence filled me with a sense of peace, knowing that we would never be truly apart.

As our kiss lingered, I whispered against his lips, "Thank you for teaching me what it means to love, Cedric." In that moment, I felt his silent affirmation, his love echoing through the cosmos.

And so, our story came full circle, beginning and ending with two souls bound by an unbreakable bond. In this place of eternal bliss, we were forever young, forever in love. Our journey would continue, side by side, throughout the ages.

As I took my last breath, I knew that my promise had been fulfilled. I had kept Cedric alive in my heart, and he had kept me strong. As I closed my eyes for the final time, I felt the warmth of his love surround me.

And in the next moment, our souls reunited once more, forever entwined in a love that defied time and death. As we kissed, the universe rejoiced, celebrating a love that had endured and triumphed against all odds. And as we embraced, I knew that in this heavenly realm, we would be together for eternity.