Chapter 4 | The Usual Sleepover is The Way to Get Closer

Start from the beginning

"Huh? But (Y/N)–"

Expecting this, Kuroo quickly cut him off with a mischievous grin. "It'll be fine, I don't think she'll mind."

"Okay..." Kenma nodded, and decided not to tell you about it.

---

You clamped your hands over your mouth as you suppressed your squeal, watching as the two guys slowly leaned towards each other. Your heart was beating in excitement and you can't help but smile at the scene of the anime you were watching.

"Oya? I didn't know you could make expressions like that." A voice suddenly appeared next to your ear, startling you and making you yelp in surprise.

Eyes wide, you looked at the familiar black-haired male looking at you with amusement. He was wearing a plain gray t-shirt and shorts, his hair messy as it usually is.

"What are you doing here?!" You frowned at him.

His eyes moved from your face to the screen of your laptop, widening at the sight of two guys kissing. He was weirded out for a moment, but remained calm and tried not to judge. At least he was able to see your excited expression, so something good came out of it.

"You enjoy watching two males making out?"

"What's wrong with it?!" You immediately glared, irritated. "It's not different from guys enjoying yuri! And," Pausing, you turned to your cousin who looked away and focused on his phone, which was obvious that he's just pretending to be playing a game.

Your gaze went back to the black-haired male. "Why are you here?"

"Our usual sleepover." Kuroo emphasized.

Sighing, you removed your gaze from him and turned back to your laptop, rewinding on the scenes you've missed. "Whatever." You already took half of your cousin's room, so you realized it wouldn't be nice to rule out anything from him. It's still his room, afterall.

Kuroo wasn't satisfied, he wanted to converse with you more and get to know you better, but pissing you off wouldn't be a nice way. He decided to let you be for now and play games with Kenma, just like their usual sleepovers. He took glances towards you from time to time, but your eyes have been fixed on your laptop the whole time.

Yawning, Kenma decided to call it a day since it was already almost midnight. They arranged a futon on the floor just beside your bed for Kuroo to sleep in, as it won't be a good idea to have two people sleeping on the top bunk bed, and they won't fit anyway.

Kuroo glanced at you again, smiling to himself when he saw you were asleep in front of your laptop that was still playing a video, while you're still laying down on your stomach. Your hair was scattered around you, and your glasses were a little tilted but still framing your face.

He watched as Kenma crouched down beside your bed and carefully took off your glasses, placing it down on your bedside table along with your laptop, and pulled your blanket over your body. "Kuro, just be careful with her." He mumbled almost inaudibly before climbing on the top bed.

The black-haired male stared at his friend for a couple of seconds before lying down on his futon, stomach first. Kenma knew him enough to give him enough pillows to place on either sides of his head which was a sleeping habit he had.

---

As usual, you woke up in the middle of the night, your memory fuzzy on how you fell asleep. Checking the time, it was exactly 3:00 AM, and your stomach was grumbling painfully as it demanded food. After stretching your arms and legs out and grabbing your glasses from where you found it, you got off your bed and stood up, letting the dizziness occur as you walked out of the room.

And then you tripped. Your feet collided on a foreign object that you didn't know was there, causing you to stumble down on something rather warm and... moving?

"Ow, what the...?" A masculine voice groaned, making you widen your eyes and use your phone to illuminate the source.

And there, at your side below you, was the face of a man. His narrow eyes squinted and seemed to have just woke up — probably because of you, the hazel color gleaming from the light. His natural bed-hair was scattered even more, covering half of his face, but you were still able to recognize who he was, making you shriek.

"W-W-What the hell?!" Your face flustered as you pushed yourself off him, breaking the contact of his chest and your stomach. You stared at him in horror as he yawned and rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand, then finger-combing his hair off his face. "You surprised me!" You hissed, completely getting off him and standing up. You then remembered he was sleeping over, which had left your mind.

"What time is it?" You heard him groggily ask, and from the corner of your eyes, you saw him sat up from the futon as he turned to you.

You took a pair of fresh underwear and a random shirt and shorts from your cabinet. "3 AM."

"Going out?"

Nodding, you left the room and went to shower downstairs, finishing quickly after 20 minutes, then brushing your teeth. You've already brought your wallet with you, so you went towards the door and wore a pair of shoes before heading out.

"Hey, wait for me!"

Surprised, you turned around and saw Kuroo rushing after you while putting on his pants. His hair was still a mess which is normal for him, and so were yours. You didn't even bother to dry or comb your hair since there aren't many people to see you anyway.

Raising a brow, you looked at him as he entered the bathroom, not long after repeating that you wait for him. You did so anyway, and waited until he met you at the door, looking neat and fresh.

"Let's go." He smiled at you, and the two of you walked out.

——————————
To Be Continued
——————————