4

--- ✦ --- ✦ --- ✦ ---

"Your Highness?~" The deer demon cooed while materializing behind the Short king who was gazing emptily through the balcony. "What is it this time, Alastor?"

"Nothing much~ Just thought how funny it is to see the king of hell alone here..~ what's the matter, little one?~ thinking about your wife?~"

"Fuck, Just. Shut up." Lucifer growled, his horns appearing momentarily. "I don't want to hear another word from you."

"To bad then~ because I plan to stay here for as long as I want~" The radio demon purred while leaning against the railings. "Are you ever going to stop bothering me?" "For as long as you stay here, My lord~"

"This'll be a long night then" Lucifer grumbled while rolling his eyes.

"Trouble sleeping, your majesty?~" Alastor asked while gazing at the red sky. "why do you ask?"

"The eye bags under your eyes~"

"Yeah, I do have trouble sleeping. So what? You don't even sleep!" The short king huffed, clearly not enjoying the radio demon's company. "As a token of my gratitude for healing me, your Highness~ I think I have something that can maybe help?~" Alastor said while handing him a Radio.

The radio had some apple surrounding it's body and a duck at the front of it. The overall color scheme matching with the king of hell himself.

Lucifer raised an eyebrow at this, curiosity visible in the King's eyes. "You healed me, and I didn't want to be in debt to you~ this is the least I could do, your majesty~" The radio demon said with a Huff.

"I appreciate the gesture, alastor. But what am I to do with this?" The small king said while inspecting the radio. Clearly custom made.

"I have a late night broadcast where I normally play Soft jazz~ from what I heard from the people in cannibal town, those broadcast of mine help them sleep~ maybe it'll help you too?~" The red head said before heading back inside.

"..." Lucifer stared at the Radio silently before a small smile tugged on his lips.

Maybe he isn't all that insufferable.

...

"I take it back, That Demon is fucking insane!!" Lucifer said while burying his face in the pillows. The sounds of screams from the ones he had killed ringing through the radio.

He had just turned that damned thing on and and was jumpscared by ttheloud screams. To hell that bitch!

Wait. He's already in hell. To double hell it is then!!

The screams went on for at least 30 minutes until Alastors voice was heard.

"Hosted by yours truly~ Hello and goodnight fellow sinners~ Let's start of the night with a summary of all the tea that has happened today before I send you all of to your merry way~"

Ah. So he was just a bit early with the broadcast? Maybe he should have asked when the soft jazz would be played. Small mistake on his behalf, But still. He's not happy about it

...

"And that's the drama for today folks~ I'll end the broadcast with the usual soft jazz~ Thank you and Goodnight!~"

Soon enough, the soft Jazz The king had been waiting for finally played and he let out a soft sigh before closing his eyes. Finally. He thought he'd be stuck listening to that deer head talk all night.

One thing the radio demon was right about though. It did help him have a proper rest for once.

...

Morning came, and Lucifer woke up relatively earlier than the rest. It had been what? 7 years since he had been able to sleep peacefully. Lilith's absence really took a toll on him. He was already depressed, and then she just disappeared. Not to mention with Charlie too!

God he misses her. Where is she?

"Ah~ your Highness~ you woke up early today?~" The radio demon said, waking him back up to reality. The king hadn't realized that tears had fallen. Quickly, he wiped the tears away before turning to face The red Deer.

"Yes well, the soft jazz really helped me out. Though I'd have appreciated a warning about the sounds that plays before you go live." The small king said while rolling his eyes. Arms crossed as he glared at the red demon before him.

"Ah~ I didn't think you'd mind all that much, your majesty~but yes, I guess a little warning may have been necessary too~" Alastor said with a teasing smirk as he stood besides the king of hell.

"Regardless, I appreciate it. Thanks, Al. " Lucifer said with a warm smile, causing The radio demon to blush ever so slightly.

That's the first time the king of hell Smiled at him like that. Admittingly, He's seen people smile at him like that more times than he could count. But coming from this short mother fucker? Something inside him turned.

"Well, your majesty~ it's very early in the morning~ the others will be awake soon, how about we make peace for now and make them some breakfast?~" Alastor asked with a raised eyebrow.

"If it's anything but Pancakes, fair warning if the kitchen is burnt down, I'm not responsible" Lucifer said with both of his hands raised above his head, a snicker on his face.

"The residents here know very well I do not mess up in the kitchen~ they'll know very well it was you and not me~" the radio demon cooed while walking towards the elevator, The king of hell walking right beside him.

——— ✦ ——— ✦ ——— ✦ ———

911 words

A little delayed, sorry I was a bit busy. And because of that, now I'm not confident I'll have a proper update schedule so I can't promise a new chapter every 2 days. Sorry ^^"

Have a doodle as a sorry