Chapter 2 | Who Goes to School go to Skip?

Начните с самого начала

Since they didn't have a manager, setting up and stuff were all theirs to do. Lev went to the storage room to get the net, and he had to duck a bit to enter through the low doorway.

"Let's see..." He eyes roamed through the small space, his face contorting when he noticed an unfamiliar entity.

Walking closer, his eyes widened in realization and a scream erupted from his throat. The tallest member ran out of the storage room, shakily clutching on the shortest third year. "Y-Y-Yaku-san..."

"What's wrong, Lev?" The first years gathered around him, while his seniors only sighed and shook their heads on another one of his silly antics.

"G-Ghost! There's a ghost in the storage room!"

Yaku stared at him irritatedly and smacked his head. "You just can't find the net, could you?!"

"No! I'm telling the truth! A girl is lying on the floor! It's Sadako-san!"

The others watched the duo arguing as usual until Kuroo yelled at them to continue working. Sighing, he decided to get the net himself and see if Lev was actually telling the truth. Not that he believed in ghosts, he just wanted to see what the first year was talking about.

Scratching the back of his head and messing up his already messy hair, he entered the storage room and went directly where it was stored. He was about to get out when he heard movement from beside him, a shuffle seemingly from the floor.

His eyes widened and his heart beat slowly increased its rhythm from nervousness. Gulping down a lump from his throat, he turned around and looked at the source of the sound.

And there was indeed a girl lying on the floor. Lev wasn't lying, but it wasn't a ghost. Although it was odd to find someone sleeping inside the storage room of a supposedly locked gym, he wasn't stupid to not recognize the uniform the girl was wearing.

Kuroo crouched down beside the figure, noticing the familiar (H/C) locks that made him shake his head in realization. You were the one lying on the floor, just a jacket to serve as your bed. He remembered seeing you on the school grounds but didn't appear in class, so this is where you were, he thought.

He found himself staring at your sleeping face, sweat trickling down from your forehead caused by the heat. He always liked long-haired girls, but seeing how messy yours was and how it covered your face, he wondered if you'd look better with short hair. Your glasses were placed next to you, and he curiously picked it up and inspected the lens.

"Ah, shit!" You suddenly sat up awake, clicking your tongue in annoyance when you realized you overslept, surprising the man beside you as he stared at you with his hazel cat-like eyes.

Kuroo was quick to regain himself and smirked, now that you were awake, he could finally talk to you. "Good morning, princess."

You groaned, massaging the side of your head before wiping the sweat off your face and neck with you handkerchief. You felt around the floor for your glasses, having difficulty to see from the darkness and your seriously poor eyesight.

"Why are you sleeping here?" The captain questioned, watching you struggle as you searched for your vision that he was actually holding behind his back.

"Where the heck is it..." You mumbled, unintentionally ignoring him as you continued to fumble around the floor.

He might actually be a sadist, enjoying it how you desperately searched for your glasses while being unable to see anything clearly.

"I asked you, why are you sleeping here? If you answer properly, I'll give you back your precious glasses." The black-haired male showed you what you were looking for with a teasing smile.

And that was when you finally realized his presence. You turned to him with an irritated glare. Squinting your eyes, you tried to see him clearer and finally recognized who he was, although you didn't remember his name.

"Give it back!" You demanded. Your glare softened into a pleading look as you added, "Please."

"I'm actually a good guy, so here." He grinned playfully, finally handing you the treasure you've been searching for. Putting it on, your vision became adjusted and allowed you to see him clearer.

"Thanks." You uttered drily.

Kuroo stood up with a satisfied smile, taking the net along with him. "I'll keep my mouth shut, but you owe me this time." And with that, he left.

As you realized your situation, horror struck you, and you could only groan in annoyance. Of all times to oversleep, it was when you weren't at home. You could hear voices from outside the storage room, and knew you wouldn't be able to get out until the gym was empty again. Otherwise, you'd get in more trouble, and you didn't want that kind of bother.

Sighing, you decided to go back to sleep. Yes, that was how you dealt with your dilemma.

——————————
To Be Continued
——————————