"At work." The Nekoma setter monotonously answered, turning around as he led his team to the living room.

A few minutes later and the rest have arrived with snacks and movie CDs, Kuroo, the captain, being the last to arrive. Kenma busied himself with a game shortly after greeting his neighbor who had just entered as everyone settled down around the living room.

"Everyone's here? Good. What do you wanna do first?" Kuroo placed a hand on his hip as he questioned, choosing to remain standing instead.

"How about we play some music?" A first year with spiky brown hair suggested.

"Oh, good idea, Inuoka!" Yamamoto enthusiastically agreed, then glancing around as he looked for something before turning to the house owner. "Huh? Didn't you have a music speaker here, Kenma?"

"I think it's in my bedroom." The shorter blonde answered nonchalantly, eyes still focused on the game on his phone.

"Alright, I'll go get it." The noisy second year stood up, heading towards the stairs without waiting for a response. They were pretty familiar with the layout of the house since they've been there a few times already.

Before Kenma realized where he was going, Yamamoto's scream echoed in the house, followed by a thinner and more high-pitched scream, surprising the boys that made them stand up abruptly.

It certainly alerted the whole Nekoma volleyball team, and they could only think of a worst case. Of all people, their delinquent-wannabe screamed. He screamed and it sounded like he just found a dead body. Apart from that, they heard another unfamiliar voice which likely belonged to a woman, unless Yamamoto was capable of such a high-pitched scream.

"What was that?"

"Taketora-san?!"

"Oh no..." Kenma muttered in horror as he watched the rest of the team worriedly rush towards the source of the sound. Scratching his head, he lazily stood up and followed them as well.

"What's wrong?!" Yaku asked, his face showing confusion and concern as he arrived to see his underclassman standing by the doorway, his hand stretched out and shakily pointing at something that he could only assume was a dead body.

"A... Gi... Gi... Grr... A girl!" The taller man exclaimed, eyes wide in shock as he stared at the (H/C)-haired girl sitting on the bed, headphones around her neck, and staring back at him with equal surprise.

"A girl?! In Kenma's room?!" Out of everyone, Kuroo was the most surprised as he peeked on the site of the 'crime'. He was Kenma's neighbor, childhood friend, and bestfriend, but he never heard anything about a girl from him. He then remembered Kenma telling him a month ago that a relative is staying over, so he shouldn't barge in his room anymore. He didn't really think much about it, and they were so busy with practices during that time too.

"W-What the hell...?" You muttered, forehead creased as the group of tall teen boys gawked at you. You even accidentally shut your laptop close when you heard a man suddenly scream earlier, startling you and making you scream as well. Your sleepiness had no choice but to vanish, and you would probably be unable to sleep after another 12 hours.

"Ah... That's my cousin." You heard Kenma's quiet voice behind the group, which didn't seem to be heard by the men. He repeated it again, and was finally heard by the first years.

"Cousin?"

"Not your girlfriend?"

Kenma scoffed at the word, an expression that you saw for the first time from him. His team made way for him to enter the room while still gathered at the doorway. Sighing, your cousin pointed to your direction as he faced them. "This is (Y/N), my cousin."

He then turned to you apologetically, "They're my club mates. Sorry."

Embarrassment crept up your cheeks as you eyed each of them, noticing most of their heights to be taller than average. Two of them stood out the most, one had silver hair who was the tallest, and the other had an incredibly messy black hair.

Frowning, you instinctively grabbed your blanket to cover yourself wholly. It was the first time in a week that you saw people aside from your cousin and his parents, since you haven't been to school since then.

"GET OUT!" You yelled from underneath the blanket.

——————————
To Be Continued
——————————

Hey there, everyone! So, if you've ready this story before, that's cause I am reviving it from my old account. I decided to continue despite it being inactive for 3 years already, and decided it would be great to start on a new account. First of all, I'd like to apologize to those that have been left hanging with the story. A lot has happened, life basically, and I never really expected to get back to this platform but here I am!

The story is already stopped at Chapter 35 in its previous publishing, but I already drafted all the remaining chapters for it so it's mostly completed now, and I'll just be doing edits, slight revisions and updates. Rest assured that this time, you'll get to see the ending! Thank you for all your support (⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠♡