Chapter 6

"I didn't want to worry you," Shu assures with a hand on Valt's shoulder, then reluctantly confesses. "Lui."

"But how?!" Wakiya stresses, after all, even he had not been able to discern the truth, it's embarrassing- sure, Lui and Shu had known each other for a year but so had Wakiya. And Shu's alpha front was perfect.

"I wish I knew, he's still not telling me how he concluded it. It went like this..."

...

After Shu had become a new addition to the Supreme 4, the meeting had been a concise gathering of congratulations and familiarity between the four bladers. It had been Shu's second encounter with Lui, the first obviously being their battle. Shu had kept his distance from Lui, preferring to stay with his friend, Xander, and Zac who kept talking to him. They were far more friendly, and Lui had after all scarred his eye.

Shu was on his way outside the Bey Association building, when he saw Lui waiting by the exit. Shu had found this peculiar, seeing as he was leaving through the back entrance as Zac had slipped the information they would meet up here to his fans and they had crowded the entrance.

Lui was leaning against the wall adjacent to the door, with his arms crossed over his chest.

Shu regarded him with a solemn stare, but before he could open the door his rival spoke up.

"I knew it, Shu Kurenai," Lui announced with a feral grin, bearing his sharp teeth. "Albeit, it took me a while, aren't you quite the actor."

Shu turned to face Lui, an eyebrow propped up in question.

"You're an omega," Lui stated followed by a manic laugh.

Internally, panic and chaos raged within Shu- he was cautious today, more so than usual, being around two alphas who didn't know anything about him, whom he assumed had honed skills and senses. Even though Xander, the other alpha, knew about him and was there to help him, he didn't ease off his guard. Shu maintained a picture-perfect poker face and stepped closer to Lui, feigning accusations and confusion.

"What are you on about, Lui?" Shu asked, calmly.

"Drop the facade, Kurenai. You may have been able to fool all those other pathetic excuses of alpha, but when faced with a true alpha, there is no way I'd buy it," Lui bragged, his eyes intense as he approached Shu, his face just millimetres from Shu's ear as he whispered; "Don't try to deny it, omega."

Shu's eyes widened and he grit his teeth, taking a step back to create distance between them. Lui's strong pheromones were alluring and far too distracting- his were much more potent than any other alpha. Shu's distaste of the alpha steadily grew with each interaction. This alpha was the stereotypical self-absorbed alpha with no regards to others.

Lui stepped forward until he had Shu backed onto the door.

"What a pity, your suppressants hide your scent well. Well, why don't you let me smell you?" Lui queried, with mirthful amethyst eyes. "I'm curious, you're certainly no ordinary omega, how unique is your scent?"

"I'll say it again, I'm a simple beta."

"Cute, Kurenai. Would a beta step back to avoid my pheromones?"

"You're pheromones are too intense for most alphas I know, so I don't see why not."

"I knew you wouldn't just back down. How entertaining, this is what I like about you."

Shu scowled, Lui had some nerve to mock him after scarring his eye and acting all high and mighty.

"If you're going to be this difficult, maybe I'll tell some people about this theory? I'm sure reporters would be able to swarm you like the vultures they are until small, insignificant clues add up- after all, no matter how careful, a real omega will have tell-tales you can't help. Or even most of the Bey Association, they'll have no choice but to enforce a collar on you by law and then the world would know?" Lui speculated, whilst his predatory eyes inspected Shu for his reaction.