quidditch game

Vivienne Leclair
I hear birds chirping outside as I sit in my window seat and sip on a warm cup of coffee.

I open up to the first edition of this years Hogwarts school paper, and see my story headlining.

Don't get me wrong, it's exciting and all to see my story in the paper, but I would much rather cover topics that I'm actually interested about. Like astronomy, or animals... or literally anything else other than Quidditch.

I hear a knock at my door. Knowing it's probably Briar, I swing the door open without hesitation.

"Hey pretty girl." Briar says. He's holding a plate of food in his hands, and a copy of this mornings edition of the school paper.

"I saw your story in the paper. It's really great, Babe." He smiles, "I'm proud of you."

So is this what we're doing? Are we really just gonna pretend like we didn't have a huge fight last night?

"Thank you." I move to the side, giving him space to enter my dorm. He moves past my couch and walks over to my desk, placing the plate of food down.

"I've noticed you not eating these past few days. Why haven't you been eating?" He asks.

Of course the only thing he notices about me is something negative. At least he cares, I guess.

"I've been busy. It's the last thing on my mind." I respond, taking a seat on the edge of my bed.

"You still need to be taking care of yourself, Vivienne." He sits down next to me and places his hand on my thigh. He thinks it's comforting, but I don't feel like being touched right now.

I stand up and walk over to my window seat. I kick my legs up and hug my knees to my chest, leaning against the window.

"I am." I play it off, hoping he doesn't realize that I intentionally moved away from him.

"Well I brought you some food and you need to eat." He stands up and hands me the plate.

"I'm not leaving until you eat."

-

He sits with me as I eat, and we read my story in the paper again. He seems interested in my work for once. This brings a smile to my face and warms my heart.

"It's our first Quidditch game tonight. You're going to be there, right?" He asks.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world." I kiss him on the cheek.

"Can I wear your jersey?" I ask, wrapping my arms around him and giving him puppy dog eyes.

He holds me for a moment until pulling back and looking at me.

"I can't do that." He responds.

"Why not?" I whine.

His eyes dart to the floor.

"I don't know, something to do with it being the teams property or whatever."

I nod my head. I pull myself completely away from him and begin to gather my books for class.

-