Chapter 3: Saving a Village

It's been a short while since Subaru small trance session and the two little slimes are now just bouncing around on a dirt path that Rimuru found a short while ago.

[Ah, I haven't been outside in forever. The air tastes so sweet. Not that I can taste.] Rimuru says happily.

Subaru found himself agreeing but for a different reason. It's been who knows how long since he last saw the sun due to his time in the cell, not that he would tell that to Rimuru of course.

Subaru looks forward and finds a group of green skinned humanoids. He isn't too sure since they look a little more wimpy than what he saw in manga and anime's (Not that he'd trust them anymore) but he thinks they're...

'Goblins...?' Subaru wondered.

They have weak malnutritioned body's and worn out weapons which look like they'd break upon contact. They remind him of... some bad memories.

"Strong One's, please forgive me, but do you have some sort of business out here in the forest?" the one in the middle, who seems to be the leader, asked.

[Uh, 'Strong One's'? Uhh... does he mean us?] Rimuru sent towards [Soul Corridor].

Subaru looked behind him. No one. He looked next to him. No one. He even looked above and on the ground. No one.

[I... think so...?] Subaru said, hesitantly.

[Alright. I'm gonna talk to them.] Rimuru said.

"Hi! It's nice to meet you all! My name is Rimuru and I am a slime monster!" Rimuru said with no malicious intentions.

"Subaru." Subaru said waving a tentacle.

This carefree behavior caught the goblins off guard but they quickly came to their own conclusion. They were so powerful they didn't even consider them something to worry about.

"So, did you need something?" Rimuru asked.

"Well, we sensed two powerful monsters roaming around. We came out here to investigate it." The leader of the group said.

"Whoa, so did you guys find it or what?" Rimuru said, attempting to confirm what Subaru said.

"Surely you jest. You can't fool us, sir's. Even if you have decided to take on the form of mere slimes," the leader said.

[So we are the powerful monsters.] Rimuru says.

[Somehow...] Subaru said.

"Please excuse me, but..." He looks around the group behind him and they all bow.

"Seeing as you're so strong, we wanted to ask a favor!" He asked, bowing.

"...Huh?" Subaru said.

'Looks like it could be blown away with a small breeze,' is Subaru's honest thoughts.

The village, if it could be called that, had weak tents made of leather which barely stood up. And the best tent, which he and Rimuru were in, would fall if a strong wind came and decided that this village should cease to exist.

"Welcome to our humble town. We are so honored to have you here. I am the elder of this village," The village elder, who looked like he was nearing the end of his life, said.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you," Rimuru said.

"Hey." Subaru said.

"So what kind of favor did you guys need from us?" Rimuru asked.

"Have you perhaps noticed that many of the monsters in the area are unusually active as of late?" The village elder asked.

Rimuru and Subaru take a moment to collect their thoughts before speaking once again.