START. || 0

Today was another boring and simple day, salmon run. turfwar. Just the usual really, of course you tried out ranked. It always lead to you screaming in your mind due to some.. teammates can be.

You almost envy some teams, getting along and having no problem. Yours was the most dysfunctional ever.

Yawning slightly, as the phone screen light lingered. You couldn't sleep and just scrolled through variety of apps. That is till you got a notification who in the cod would be up? It's 1:00 AM.

Oh

Oh.

Prince? Sure. He messaged you rarely but late at night? Often doesn't happen, you almost was concerned why he was messaging.

You clicked on the notification and immediately saw the chat you both share, memories, old jokes. That all goes back to an old date in the month, cod has it been that long?

After all you two are kids, finding anything funny and getting upset over something stupid.

PRINCE
hey, y/n? are you awake?
                               [read]

PRINCE
im gonna guess so.
my brother has invited you to see our next tournament in person!

if you uh. want to go of course!

Oh.

Is that all? Surely, he could of you told in the morning but perhaps it was a late decision.

Noneless you read the 'Brother' over and over again. His brother really must want you both to reconnect , you both didn't leave each other side yet you grew distance.

It's mostly due to the fact of Prince being caught up in teamwork, once he turned 14 the moment to play turfwar. He had less time to chat and hangout with you, being the young inkling you are. never really reached out. You didn't wanna bother him, and he was probably stressed enough.

But knowing Emperor he wouldn't want his brother to overwork himself, in fact he saw so much potential in his younger brother. It was like looking at his own mini version!

You bit your lip, as you started to think of a response.

Wouldnt wanna miss it for the worl-

Delete.

yeah! sounds fresh, totally would be down 2 see :p

Was you trying to hard? Maybe. But you however pressed send along with another extra messages.

You
yeah! sounds fresh, totally would be down 2 see :p

whens your next tournament?

Now.. you wait, for a reply. If he even does bother to reply.

He forgot. Or so well you thought he forgot, turning off your phone for the night. You missed a notification that said the exact time of the tournament along with another extra message.

PRINCE
really?! okay!!
it starts at 5:00 PM on Monday!

i also was wondering if you wanted to hangout this week, maybe??? ^^

if u want to of course!!!

Prince couldn't hold in his excitement to see you again. He practically was excited to tell his Brother the answer he received.

To bad that's gonna lead to some trouble for you both in the future, or perhaps it could be a bittersweet ending.

You'll reply in the morning. You missed him. You really did, but did he miss you? The thought was almost enough to rethink about your actions.

You were now overthinking of why Emperor would want you two to reconnect, surely that would be an distraction for the games. Wasn't Emperor strict with that? If recalling a few bits, Prince didn't show any enjoyment or laughter during his childhood or well.. when Emperor was around. It was like he had to mask. It was unfair.

Everything was unfair, how come he had to deal with that? Or.. did something change that you were unaware of? You didn't pay much attention to Prince's team. Sure you were happy for him. Why wouldn't you be? Yet an emotion you couldn't decipher was bottled up.

It's fine. you can deal with the feeling tomorrow morning.

You were just unaware of alot of character development from the brothers.

“We were to close to the stars.”

“I never knew somebody like you, somebody falling just as hard.”

———
lmao i have NO clue why i decided to write this. like zero clues at all!!! is the coroika even alive anymore 😭 ive seen sooo many emperor x reader so why not prince !!!!

or something idek. might do double egg next i love double egg eekkk

oh yah this will be a slowburn im sorry chat. gotta make this GOOD!!! next chapter will be more longer i prommy !!!!!