The promise of revenge!

Hey guys, thanks you all for reading, please don't forget to vote and comment on chapters🙏🏻❤️ the next chapter will be a little darker but I promise that it will soon be all comedy again.  Hope you guys enjoy it.

It was Mr Anderson who had saved me from drowning. Lucy stood nearby, her eyes wide with fear. I could see Luke's friends that held her back, preventing her from jumping in to help me.

"Luke, what is this?" Mr Anderson's voice was filled with concern as he laid me down on the pool deck. My mother's disapproving gaze bore into Luke, her voice filled with disappointment.

"Why would you let them throw Leah in the pool?" my mother's words cut through the now silent party. "You knew her father drowned and she can't swim. We told you this afternoon." My mother continued. The horror on her face.

"You knew?" I asked Luke, my voice trembling with disbelief as I looked into his cold, unyielding eyes. His arms were folded across his chest, a defensive barrier that only served to deepen the chasm between us.

"You knew my father drowned and you still let them throw me in the pool," I repeated, the accusation hanging heavy in the air between us.

Luke let out a bitter laugh, a harsh sound that grated against my already frayed nerves. "Yes, I fucking knew," he spat, his anger simmering just below the surface.

The words hit me like a physical blow, a betrayal that cut deeper than any knife. How could he have known and not done anything to stop it? How could he have stood by and let them torment me, knowing the pain I was already carrying in my heart?

"You and your gold digger mom messed up everything," Luke continued, his voice laced with a venom that sent shivers down my spine. "We were happy, Dad. We were happy until you brought her into our lives. She only wants you for your money, can't you see that?"

"And what are you even doing back so early? I thought you only coming back tomorrow?" Luke asked like a spoiled brat.

Mr Anderson shook his head in shame for his son.

"Luke, I didn't marry your father for his money. I love your father," my mother's voice quivered with emotion as she tried to defend herself against my stepbrother's accusations. The pain in her voice was palpable and it cut through me like a knife.

I could see the hurt in her eyes, the way they glistened with unshed tears. She had always been a strong woman, but in that moment, she seemed so fragile, so vulnerable. My heart ached for her, for the way Luke had manipulated the situation to crush me and humiliate her.

Luke used my grief as a weapon, twisting it into a tool to hurt me and undermine my mother's standing. He revelled in our pain, in our vulnerability.

I watched my mother standing there with tears streaming down her face, I felt a surge of anger towards Luke. How could he be so heartless, so cruel? How could he take pleasure in our pain, in our suffering?

But despite the sadness that hung heavy in the air, I knew one thing for certain: my mother's love was a force to be reckoned with. And no matter what Luke said or did, nothing could ever diminish the love she had for my father, for me, for our family.

"Get these people out of my house now!" Mr. Anderson's voice echoed filled with anger and disappointment. The guests shuffled out quietly, leaving behind an uncomfortable silence that hung heavy in the air. My mother took my hand and led Lucy and me upstairs, away from the chaos below.

I couldn't believe what had just happened. How could he do this to me, to my mother? The pain and confusion swirled inside me, a heavyweight that threatened to crush my heart.

we reached the top of the stairs, I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. The reality of the situation hit me hard, and the ache in my chest grew stronger with every step.

I clung to my mother's hand, seeking comfort in her presence. But even her touch couldn't erase the hurt that Luke's actions had caused.

As we entered my room, I collapsed onto my bed, the tears flowing freely now. The pain was raw and consuming, a constant reminder of the pain and loss that had shattered our lives.

"Leah, I'm so sorry dear. I never meant for this to happen during your first weekend here. We can leave if you want to." My mother's voice broke as she uttered those words, her eyes brimming with tears. I could feel the weight of her sorrow pressing down on me like a heavy stone.

I couldn't bear to see her in such pain. Despite the revelations that had come to light about my mother being a gold digger, I knew that my mother loved him deeply. It didn't matter what Luke had said. I could see the truth in her eyes - the love that she held for Mr. Anderson was real.

The tears seemed endless, streaming down my cheeks and soaking the pillows beneath me.

"I love you, Leah," her voice was soft. I could hear the heartbreak in her words, the desperation to reach out to me and mend the broken pieces of my soul. But I couldn't find the strength to meet her gaze.

She rose from the edge of my bed, her embrace shifting to Lucy, who was also consumed by tears. My mother hugged Lucy and left my room.

"Leah, I wanted to help you," Lucy's said quivering with emotion as she settled down beside me. Her hand reached out, a silent plea for me to open up to her.

"We will get through this, together I promise," Lucy whispered, her voice filled with determination. I wanted to believe her, to trust in her words, but it was hard. The pain was too raw.

I closed my eyes, but the memories of what had happened kept flooding back. The humiliation, the betrayal, it all consumed me. But as Lucy's fingers ran through my hair, a fire ignited within me.

"Revenge!" I exclaimed, my voice filled with anger and defiance. I was done being a victim, done letting others walk all over me. It was time to fight back, to take control of my own destiny.