The Pool Fiasco

Please vote on my story if it's good❤️ and comment what you think!

I suddenly heard a familiar sound - the click-clack of nails on the hardwood floor.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me!" I exclaimed, my voice reverberating off the walls of my room.

Sure enough, the mischievous dog bounded into my room, a naughty glint in his eye. He trotted over to my shoes, a look of pure excitement on his face. Before I could even react, he lifted his leg and let loose a stream of pee, right onto my favourite pair of sneakers.

"Come here, you little..." I sputtered, but it was too late. The damage was done. The dog wagged his tail happily.

As I leapt out of bed, my heart pounding with adrenaline, I had one mission - to catch that pesky dog. With lightning speed, the dog dashed towards the stairs, and in my haste to catch him, I found myself tumbling headfirst into the waiting arms of Luke.

Oh, the embarrassment! Just imagine the look on Lucy's face if she had witnessed my graceful descent into Luke's embrace. It was as if I was living out some twisted version of her dream plan, where I become a clumsy heroine in a rom-com gone wrong.

"What are you doing?" he asked, his voice laced with amusement. It was a valid question, considering I had just managed to trip over my own two feet.

I tried to come up with a witty response, but my brain seemed to be on vacation, leaving me to mumble something I didn't even understand.

Luke shook his head, a small smile playing on his lips. "You're like a walking disaster waiting to happen," he teased.

I couldn't argue with that assessment. I was the definition of a clumsy clutz, always managing to find new and creative ways to embarrass myself daily. But hey, at least I kept things interesting, right?

"Aren't you supposed to go shopping with your mother, now you terrorize my dog," Luke remarked with a raised eyebrow.

Oh, you've got to be shitting me!

"Your dog?" I questioned, my tone dripping with scepticism.

Luke nodded, a smug smile playing on his lips.

"Well, your dog peed on my shoes, so I can't go shopping," I retorted, folding my arms across my chest in a feeble attempt to shield myself from any further canine mishaps.

he just shook his head and let out a hearty laugh. And then, in a move that caught me completely off guard, he started to remove his t-shirt.

Did he just take off his shirt? Phew!

I mean, don't get me wrong, the guy had a nice physique and all, but this was not the kind of unexpected strip show I was prepared for on a Saturday morning.

"Are you coming?"

I raised an eyebrow in confusion, my hands still folded in front of me. "Where to?" I inquired.

"To the swimming pool, of course!" he exclaimed, his eyes scanning my attire.

"Do you even own a bikini?"

I glanced down at my mismatched pyjamas, realizing that my outfit was definitely not pool party-appropriate.

Well, I wasn't planning on taking a dip in my flannel unicorn pyjamas dude!

"So?" he asked, his eyebrows raised. I couldn't help but feel the pressure mounting as I tried to make up my mind. Shopping with my mother meant enduring hours of trying on clothes and endless trips to different stores. Hanging out with him, on the other hand, could end up with me in the swimming pool drowning and no one to save me.

"I will meet you at the pool." He reacted with a mischievous grin.

My mind was made up. There was no way I was going to endure another shopping trip with my mother. I'd rather drown in the pool than spend another minute browsing through racks of clothes that I had no interest in.

And let's be honest, who wouldn't want to spend time by the pool with Luke? His chiselled abs and glistening tan skin were enough to make any girl weak in the knees.

"Leah, aren't you ready yet?" My mother's voice echoed through the hallway. I could hear her footsteps coming closer, the urgency in her tone evident.

"I'm not shopping today, Mother. I'm spending the day with Luke by the pool," I called out. Luke sauntered past her in all his shirtless glory, towel hanging casually around his neck. My mother's eyes widened in shock, her mouth forming a perfect 'O' of disbelief.

Oh, get over yourself, mother.

"Alright, fine, we can go tomorrow. But let's be honest, you really do need some new clothes," my mother declared, eyeing my worn-out pyjamas with a mix of amusement and horror. I simply nodded in resignation, not in the mood to have a full-blown argument about our fashion differences. After all, who was I to judge when my wardrobe consisted mostly of mismatched socks and old T-shirts?

I frantically rummaged through my closet, my eyes on the bikini my mother had bought me back in 8th grade. Oh, the memories of being a skinny little teenager with no curves in sight! I held up the tiny swimsuit and examined it closely, wondering if I could somehow squeeze myself into it.

I had definitely grown in all the right places, and that poor bikini was no match for my newfound curves. As I struggled to pull it over my hips I finally admitted defeat and tossed the bikini aside. It was time to face the reality that I needed a new swimsuit that actually fit my current body.

Urrgghh!

I settled on my trusty Sponge Bob t-shirt and a pair of shorts, a combination that I knew would be comfortable but also one that I was sure would elicit some teasing from Luke.

I made my way downstairs waiting for the outburst laugh when stumbled onto the patio, I could already picture the look of shock and amusement on Luke's face. I was decked out in a top featuring SpongeBob SquarePants and bright yellow shorts.

"Nice shirt!" He said and My mouth hung open in shock as I tried to process what had just happened.

I quickly glanced down at my outfit, half expecting to see a bikini instead of my SpongeBob t-shirt and yellow shorts. Nope, still the same clothes. I guess my fashion choices were finally getting the recognition they deserved.

"Aren't you going to swim?" I could feel the sweat forming on my brow as Luke looked at me expectantly, his eyes twinkling with excitement.

I shifted uncomfortably, trying to come up with an excuse. How could I possibly tell him that I couldn't swim? I mean, sure, I knew how to splash around in the shallow end and doggy paddle my way to safety, but swimming? That was a whole different story.

I mustered up the courage to respond, my voice wavering slightly. "Uh, you know, I'm actually not feeling too well. Maybe I'll just hang out by the pool and catch some sun instead."

Luke raised an eyebrow, clearly not buying my feeble excuse. "Come on, don't be a chicken! It's just water, how hard could it be?"

I could feel the panic rising within me. What if I have I embarrassed myself again? What if I sank like a rock?

Shit!

"It's cool, I actually uuhm. You go ahead." I said with a giggle in my voice.

I was about to go sit on the grass when he grabbed me and before I could even protest, we were both plunging into the water.

I thrashed and splashed, creating a whirlpool of chaos as I struggled to stay afloat. Luke's laughter echoed in my ears as I desperately tried to keep my head above water.

I thought I was going to sink to the bottom, but Luke finally realized that I couldn't swim and wrapped his strong arms around me and hoisted me up to the surface.

I sputtered and gasped for air, feeling both relieved and embarrassed at my lack of swimming skills.

I clung to the edge of the pool, trying to catch my breath.