Chapter 157: Elif, Lucifer, and Ivan

Start from the beginning

Once I arrived just before the entrance gate, which two guards were managing, I figured they would deny me access, yet I was wrong as they merely gave me a stare before ignoring me, something I was slightly taken aback by.

"You're not going to stop me?" Asked Elif curiously as he eyed one of the guards.

"Prince Ivan had already ordered us to allow you passage, Prince Elif." Said the guard respectfully, though his underlying meaning filled Elif with amusement.

Hearing his response, I merely nodded before ignoring the guard and entering the city; when inside, I enveloped the entire city in my divine sense, and in doing so, I found Ivan's location, and unsurprisingly, he was in a brothel.

"So, how do you plan to seduce Ivan?" Said Elif with a smirk as he glanced at Idonea, who merely sighed while staying silent.

Chuckling at Idonea, I shook my head while walking in a different direction as I wasn't interested in Ivan; no, I was interested in the person with the same intent as mine, and it wasn't Ivan.

While walking, I noticed everyone's expression portrayed confusion, most likely because I wasn't heading toward Ivan's location, but I didn't say anything and continued walking until we finally stopped before an Inn a few minutes later.

"Hehe, found you!" Declared Elif with a smile as his intent trembled non-stop.

"Come out; I'm sure you also wish to meet the person who caused your intent to tremble." Said Elif with a light smile while projecting his voice as he materialized a large purple palm just above the inn.

After waiting for a minute and not sensing any movement coming from within the inn, I clicked my tongue and launched my palm toward the inn, yet just before it collided with the building, an intense white light penetrated through the roof of the inn and pierced my palm, destroying it in one attack.

'Ho, impressive. Granted, I hadn't used my full strength, but it's the first time I've encountered someone capable of destroying my Royal Elf's Palm with one attack.' Thought Elif with an excited smile as he eyed the cloaked figure rising through the hole in the roof.

"There were innocent people nearby; you would've killed them with that attack." Said the cloaked figure as they floated toward Elif's location.

"Finally deciding to show yourself, though, for the record, I planned to stop the attack just before colliding with the building; I had no intention of killing anyone." Remarked Elif calmly as he slowly approached the cloaked figure while fanning himself.

As we stood opposite while observing one another, other than him being shorter than me, I wasn't able to determine much from him since his cloak repelled my divine sense, though I did notice he had a blue pendant hanging from his neck.

'One rumor we heard was that the supposed Angel carried with him a blue pendant.' Thought Elif with a slight smirk while eyeing the cloaked figure.

I wasn't that convinced the person in front of me was the rumored Angel from that alone, so out of curiosity, I used the Elven Body Flicker to close the small gap between us. Once I was standing less than a meter before him, I reached forward, intending to yank his cloak off. However, to my utter surprise, he was actually able to react even when I moved at my fastest speed, which is something no one other than Elaine has done; still, he wasn't fast enough to evade my hand, and in one swift motion, I yanked his cloak off.

"The rumored Angel!? How did His Highness know?" Questioned Marley in astonishment as she eyed the large white feathered wings with golden markings.

"He didn't; look at his expression." Commented Illumia calmly as she glanced at Elif's widened eyes.

"So, it was just a coincidence?" Muttered Idonea, though she found it a little hard to believe.

"Ho, to think you were the rumored Angel everyone's hunting, though I suppose it wouldn't be appropriate to call you a rumored Angel." Remarked Elif in surprise while eyeing the angry Lucifer as he dropped the cloak.

As I was about to speak, I sensed a mighty presence descending from the sky; looking up, I spotted a man wearing luxurious clothes while a medallion with a sword symbol hung from his waist.

'Ho, does Ivan really think I will just let him take the Angel after I'm the one who found him?' Thought Elif with an amused smirk as he eyed the man.

"Thank you for your help in locating the Angel, Prince Elif; I'm sure Prince Ivan will be very pleased with the news." Said Kalen with a slight smile while immobilizing Lucifer with his vastly superior cultivation base.

"It's no problem; after all, it was quite easy. I've only been searching for less than a day. Though I'm not interested in gifting Ivan the Angel, this is unique." Said Elif lightly with a sly smile while glancing at the frowning Kalen.

"I don't wish to make things complicated, Prince Elif, but while you may have unmasked the Angel, it was done in Prince Ivan's territory, so by all means, this Angel is rightfully his." Replied Kalen with a frown while eyeing Elif.

"Oh, my apologies. I didn't know this was Ivan's territory, but then again, territories are only ruled by the strongest, and since I'm present, it's now become my domain." Declared Elif with a smirk while disregarding Ivan, which angered Kalen, though before he could reply, Elif seemed to be past talking.

"Illumia, if you could please." Said Elif with a snap of fingers, to which Illumia's eyes snapped open; a smile appeared as she eyed Kalen in the distance.

"I understand, Your Highness." Replied Illumia with a slight bow as she walked past Elif and headed toward Kalen, who now had a dignified expression.

Seeing Illumia approach the man, I was honestly very interested in observing two people of their caliber fight; though, it seemed it would have to be put on hold as I saw Ivan land on the ground beside the man, though his harmless smile seemed unnatural on his face for some reason.

"I don't know what's happened, but now that I'm here, I'm sure we could work something out by speaking, Elif; beings of noble statuses, such as ourselves, don't need to resort to fighting whenever we disagree over something." Stated Ivan with a harmless smile while trying to calm the tension in the air.

'Tch, I don't like how he calls me by my name as if we are equals.' Thought Elif, feeling annoyed already from Ivans' presence.

___

Created a discord server, so if anyone wishes to join, [https://discord.gg/TGc9yymDJP]

___
___

Elven Legacy (Chapter 241: Elven Cuisine Pagoda) || Hero of Harmony (Chapter 123: Adventurer Tour) || One Piece: Chaos Kong (Chapter 210: Scar's Immense Talent)|| Marvel's Black Steel (Chapter 166: Consequences) at [patreon.com/Ozonelayer691]