Weird, she thought.

It wasn't the first time.

The feeling lingered longer than she liked, though it filled her with a strange sense of familiarity and unease all at once. She looked at Stiles, and the look on his face told her that he had noticed her energy shift. She could tell that he felt it too.

She could recall this exact thing happening two other times earlier in the day, and several times throughout recent weeks. She figured that it was probably excess static from laundry, but she wasn't sure how something so mundane could go on this long and this frequent.

The dreams were getting bad, too.

She hadn't had nightmares since she was thirteen, since the passing of their mother when the twins were ten.

The dreams weren't memories like they used to be, she no longer saw her mother lying there in her final days over and over. These new dreams were of red eyes, unsettling growls, teeth sharper than anything she'd ever seen. She thought only children had dreams about monsters. Maybe the monsters she used to run from in her dreams had finally caught up her, taunting her and expecting her to run once more.

She was good at a few things, one of which being the act of pushing away unwanted thoughts. She didn't want to deal with potential causes, she wanted to ignore the problem until it eventually got bored of her and left.

So she ignored it, shaking off the thought and looking back at her twin as though nothing had happened.

Stiles shook his head and quickly returned to his normal self. He looked at his brother and sister with pure excitement in his eyes and ran a hand frantically over his buzzed hair and began to pace around the room.

"Call Scott, we have to go check this out!"

"Stiles, we have school tomorrow he's probably asleep." Parker pointed out, naively hoping he would let it go. They all knew Scott wasn't asleep, it was only eight and none of them were ever asleep before eleven.

The whole thing gave her a very weird feeling, one she couldn't place. Five minutes ago, she did not feel whatever it was she was now feeling. Whatever this new feeling was, it felt neither good or bad, that thought alone filled her with uneasy indifference. They had been planning to go out into the woods anyway—why was this new information suddenly making all of the hairs on the back of her neck stand up? They had shown up to plenty of crime scenes before the body bags were even zipped up. This was not new, nor was the morbid curiosity the twins and Harley had about nearly everything.

"At eight o'clock? He's definitely not asleep." Harley shook his head, jumping slightly when Asher said nothing, only resting her head on his shoulder.

She jumped when Harley tapped his index finger against her knee, a signal between the two of them. She was biting her lip again, so hard she'd drawn blood. And she hadn't even noticed. It was often a sign that she'd forgotten her medicine that morning.

"This is important—"

"Stiles," Parker warned, giving him a look that he knew all too well. If their father caught them they were in big trouble, not just for going out into the woods to look for half of a murder victim, but for listening to to a frequency they weren't meant to hear and for going out there alone.

Parker tried his hardest to keep Stiles and Asher from doing anything too crazy, but it wasn't easy and didn't always work out that way. Throwing himself into danger was never his first choice, it always ame down to hauling the twins away from danger.

He wa sure that his siblings just enjoyed the rush of doing the things they did, but it never made sense to him. He always assumed he was just wired differently than the twins, that everything they had gone through had just affected them in opposite ways.