His cobalt eyes, which mirrored the deep blue of his button-down, brightened the moment they laid on Serafina.

"What can I get you, doll?" His voice was smooth as butter with a southern twang.

His gaze flickered towards the two of them but came back to rest on Serafina. He didn't make it obvious if he noticed the freshly blossoming bruise on her face.

Serafina, ever observant, couldn't help but notice how his gaze lingered a beat longer on her. A knowing glint entered her eyes, but she surprised him instead of playing into his charms.

"We'll have three Del Sol's, please," she said, gesturing towards the lone biker nursing his beer two seats down from them. "Just like our friend here."

The biker raised his beer with a polite wave before returning his gaze to the intense poker game playing on the TV in the corner.

Had she been alone, she'd have sat at the bar and struck up a flirty conversation with the bartender, maybe even charmed her way back to his place, but given that she was with the Winchesters tonight, that wouldn't be happening.

Serafina held a presence that often drew attention and wasn't shy about it. She also had no issues using it to her advantage.

She was completely unabashed when it came to getting her fill of pleasure with strangers in the night. It didn't fill the void by any means, and obviously, it got old entertaining fleeting connections—but it was all she had on the road as a hunter.

Getting close to people wasn't an option.

The bartender's eyebrows shot up in a flicker of surprise. His ego was shot, but he still carried a suave smile directed at her. "Coming right up," his voice still warm.

"It looks like you caught someone's eye," Dean said, a bemused smile playing on his lips.

"Yeah? And if you weren't here, all my drinks would have been free," she pointed out confidently, a playful glint sparking in her eyes as she met his gaze.

He smirked and lowered his voice, dipping his head as his warm breath tickling her ear. "Maybe, but I doubt pretty boy has a rock salt-loaded shotgun or any interesting hunting stories," Dean remarked, giving her a knowing look.

Well, he had a point.

It was hard to relate with people who hadn't been raised in the ways they had.

The bartender returned quickly, sliding the open beers over to them, but not before dressing them a slice of lime in the necks of the bottles. Serafina paid the man while Dean slid a few spare bills into the tip jar. The bartender acknowledged their gesture with a silent nod before turning his attention to a group of patrons who had just settled at the far end of the bar.

They navigated through the small crowd, returning to the high-top table where Sam waited patiently, his eyes scanning a thin laminated menu. Serafina sat opposite the brothers at the table, getting situated as she relaxed against the stiff wooden seat.

They tapped their beer bottles together in unison as Dean proclaimed, "To a successful team-up,"

She smiled at his enthusiasm and noted the twinkle in Sam's eye as the two brothers gazed at the Lockhart Legend like she was an anomaly.

It had been a while since she'd connected with other hunters. The feeling in the air was charged with something she couldn't quite grasp.

Sitting together, she immediately caught the undeniable connection between the Winchesters and felt a shameful pang of envy.

The empty chair beside her reminded her of her disjointed and estranged relationship with her brother. Serafina smiled lightly. A flicker of nostalgia ghosted past her face as she took a deep, hearty sip of her beer.