Chapter 17 - A Storm Brews

Start from the beginning

"I'll take that!" Lena stated as she grabbed the package out of the Omnic's hand. She expected the omnic to be aggressive and fight back. To her surprise the Omnic just stood in place defeated. If anything, it looked like it was feeling guilty for stealing and getting caught.

"Please. It's a modulator, we need it for our grid. No one will sell them to us" The omnic lowered her hood to reveal her face. She had a blue mohawk and bright sky blue eyes with yellow-white headphones on. She was wearing a shirt with the Great Britain flag p and a neck choker. She also had a black skirt on with a brown cardigan. From a quick analysis, Lena thought she was rocking her outfit.

 From a quick analysis, Lena thought she was rocking her outfit

"Us?" Tracer asked.

"Omnics"

"Why?"

"Because we're bots. No one sells anything to us... That's a solid clash album by the way," The omnic said as she pointed to the vinyl record in Lena's hands.

Lena completely forgot she was carrying a vinyl record in her hand since morning. She got it from a record store nearby before heading to the bakery. Since the modulator is now secure in her hands, she was curious to explore the omnic's interest in music.

"You know the Clash?" Lena asked.

"I mean the Ramones are cooler, obviously"

"Right... favorite bands?" Lena asked, leaning closely with curiosity.

Iggy pulled her face backing away from Lena and answered, "the stooges. The Ramones. The Beatles."

"Good choices," Lena giggled. "I'm Lena" putting out her wrist for a fist bump.

"Uhh. I'm Iggy and I know who you are," she paused. "Tracer. Former Overwatch member... Am I not in trouble?"

"Well, you did steal," Lena looked left and right. "But it seems like it was for survival." She gave a smile. "Just gimme a second. I'll just return this."

Before Iggy could find the words to respond, Lena was gone. She vanished with only a trace blue light trail going in the direction of the alleyway to the street. Moments later, Lena was back in the place.

"Right. So, he was still grumpy," Lena gave a sigh. "Oh well, see you around-"

"Do you want to... maybe... Come see my music collection?" Iggy asked hesitantly.

Lena took a moment to think about Winston, Mei and whether she could join Iggy. Oh, I never turn down music. I don't think they'll mind. She nodded to Iggy and smiled.

With Iggy leading the way, they started walking down the alleyway and taking turns around the corners here and there till they finally arrived at the abandoned subway entrance. Iggy stepped onto the staircase going down while Lena hesitated but agreed to follow cautiously. As they continued to walk down, the light coming in from behind started to fade and the place started growing pitch black. Lena almost tripped not realizing she reached the bottom of the staircase.