Ch. 22: The Void

After teaching them to turn back, Bee took her new niece with her to learn a bit more about her gluttonous activities... and to bond because she found Emily to be as adorable as Charlie.

"So you're my new niece that's been blowing up the internet and nearly eating my restaurants out of business." Bee said, looking over Emily with a smile.

"Uh, yeah... sorry about that." Emily said, a little nervous.

"Don't apologize, it makes me so proud!" Bee said, putting an arm around Emily, "But, I was called here to find out why you are like this, because while angel's that fall do find sin, not usually to this extent."

"What do you mean?" Emily asked.

"She means your inhuman appetite, sweetie. You know, what caused you to eat mahogany chair and a metal spoon." Lucifer said.

"I mean... I thought they tasted good." Emily said, shrugging.

"They were WOOD and METAL." Charlie comments blankly.

"They still tasted good!" Emily shouted before Bee grabbed her by the shoulders.

"Hey, it's okay, little E. It's okay." Bee said, guiding Emily to the couch and sitting them back down. "Can you two go for a minute?" I need to ask her some stuff privately."

"Sure, Aunt Bee." Charlie said with a nod.

Lucifer and Charlie left the lobby, quickly grabbing Husk and pulling him along despite his confusion.

"What the fuck?" He asked.

When they were gone, Bee got to work.

"Alright, sweetie, I need you to tell me everything that's different between you now and before your fall." Bee said, all arms crossed on her lap. "Can you do that for me?"

"Everything?" Emily asked, moving a hand to her chest where her third eye used to be.

"Everything. And don't worry, there's no judgement between family." Bee said, smiling softly.

Taking a small breath and exhaling, Emily explained her situation in the short run.

"Well, I am unable to fly because they broke my wings, my halo was destroyed, and they... ripped my chest eye out of my body before I fell." She said "normally."

Bee's eyes went wide, losing her smile as she stared at her niece for a moment. She knew exactly what was going on.

'That's why she's like this. I'll have to tell Lucifer.' She thought.

"I don't know if what I said holds any meaning but-" Emily was cut off my Bee putting a finger on her lips.

"It means you're trying to fill a void." Bee said, placing another finger gently on Emily's chest. "Both a physical void and a metaphorical void. That's why you're so gluttonous and since it's unlikely that there's something that could fill the void, you'll keep eating because your body isn't used to the void."

"A void, huh?" Emily said, looking at her chest. "Is that...bad?"

"Sort of, nothing no to serious, but don't worry. Your aunt Bee will help you with your sinful pleasure." Bee said, grinning again.

"Pleasure? Eating food is pleasure?" Emily asked.

"Of course. Anything and everything could be pleasure. And I'm not talking about sexual pleasure." Bee said, creating some cotton candy in her hand. "Gluttony is over indulgence of just about anything." From phones to food to parties, anything."

"Anything, huh?" Emily asked before she took the cotton candy and ate it.

Her eyes widened with stars appearing as the sweet flavor melted in her tongue.

'SO GOOD!' She thought before refocusing.

"Does.....working too much, count?" Emily asked.

"If you enjoy working that long, sure." Bee said with a shrug. "In my opinion, Gluttony is the least dangerous of sins if you know how to handle it."

Bee the. pulled out a bottle of alcohol from... somewhere... and started drinking it. With a sigh of relief, she handed it towards Emily.

"Want some?" She asked.

"Uh... no thanks, I'm good." Emily said, still wary of alcohol.

"Not much from drinking? I respect that, go at your own pace." Bee said, pulling the bottle.

"I just don't see the appeal much. The Bible says Jesus could turn water into wine but not why." Emily said, remembering her angelic learnings.

"Sometimes you don't need a reason to enjoy something. You just need to FEEL it to enjoy it." Bee said. "Also, you really believe that bible shit? I was with Luci when he fell, so I can verify, a LOT of shit in that book was made up."

"Wait, you were with him?" Emily asked, curious.

"Hehehehe, man do I got a story for you." Bee said with a smile. "Way, way, WAY before you were created, Lucifer has six close friends, practically family. Then, when he created the forbidden fruit, him and Lilith were cast out. What Heaven doesn't mention, is that we fought to keep him in heaven, we argued, pleaded, begged... and... well... you can see where we are now."

"Wait, so you and the other rulers of the rings are-" Emily gasped, shocked by this revelation.

"That's right, sweetie. We're fallen angels, too. But unlike Lucy, we somewhat embrace our fall more than him. And as such, we turned out in forms like this." Bee said as she gestured to her fox-queen bee hybrid self.

Even making her lava lamp stomach glow a bit for emphasis.

"... Well that explains why dad is so damn short." Emily said, staring at the lava lamp stomach.

"Pffffff HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Bee laughed loudly, nearly dropping her bottle of booze. "Sweetie, that's true, but Lucy's always been that small."

"Now, how about we go out and talk a little more? I want to get to know my sweet little Sinnamon roll." Bee said as she got up.

"Please tell me that won't be my nickname." Emily said.

"Oh it is." Bee said, smirking.

Not wanting to argue with her nice aunt, Emily got up from the couch.

"Lead the way, auntie." Emily said.

Bee put an arm around Emily's shoulder, leading her out and away from the hotel. She'll text Lucifer what she found out later.