Soon the faint sound of chopping met King's ears as Baron begin preparing to cook. The sound of the knife moving against the chopping board matched the pace of his heart as his face began to warm. 

How could someone give up someone so perfect? Hurt him so badly?

Sure, everyone had their faults, but Baron was such a sweet guy. He could cook, worked hard, and even played competitive games well. He also loved his daughter unconditionally and respected everyone he met. 

Tilting his head up against his pillow on the armrest, King slowly opened his eyes, surprised by how much effort it really took to complete the gesture. 

I really am tired. 

Which wasn't really that much of a surprise. He often took naps after stressful matches, and when Baron had run in front of that blast at the end to take the hit for him instead of just letting his character die... 

His heart twisted in his chest. 

The action was common in competitive matches. It was called a suicide tactic, but it had meant a lot more than just a game tactic when it had come from Baron. 

Staring sleepily straight at his kitchen, he watched as Baron moved about, unable to see his hands due to the partial wall that rose to about four feet. 

He's so handsome.

Especially when he was focused on something. 

He's so cute, too. I bet his daughter is just as adorable as her dad. 

She sounded sweet, and very smart. 

"Hey there, babe," Baron said quietly, stirring King from his thoughts as he pushed himself up on his pillow just enough to be able to lean forward and receive the slightly damp, cold strawberry. 

He tugged against the leafy stem Baron still held, easily separating the fruit with little effort. He should have been focused on the food he was now chewing, but his eyes never managed to stray from Baron's soft ones. 

I really like him.

The man's smile widened slightly as his eyes crinkled at the edges and his free hand rose to gently rustle King's hair. 

"I really like you, too, hun." 

King's face immediately turned as red as the strawberry he had just swallowed. He wanted to hide beneath his blankets for a good hour after realizing that Baron had read his mind just then, but Prince evidently wasn't interested in hiding when there were strawberries to be had. 

Thus, King was left to face the man now kneeling in front of the arm of the chair, his expression calm and patient. His hand was still in King's hair, too, playing with a few strands, tugging gently. 

When he didn't respond for a long time, Baron took over the conversation and spoke again. 

"I think you're very cute, too. Your eyes are always so expressive and your beautiful heart lives on your sleeve." 

King tucked his nose into his now-folded arms on his pillow, trying to hide his blush, though he knew that it was futile, even in the dim light of his small living room. 

The faint tugs he felt every few moments kept taking King's attention as the silence began to stretch again. He could hear the clock he'd hung on the wall ticking the seconds away over the quiet hum of the television. 

I like having your attention, he eventually thought, unable to speak, but finally understanding that Baron really could hear the majority of his thoughts.