End. Cactus(Saboten, 仙人掌)

Saboten races into the night. He pounces, and lands--

Right into the arms of Yuki.

A/N: Thanks for reading! Sorry the ending was a little sudden. Please let me know if you have any suggestions on a better ending. I would be really grateful if you leave your thoughts in the comments! Here's a little bonus epilogue.

Epilogue. Saboten, In the Reaper's Palm

Yuki sits on Hikari's roof. A vast indigo night sky embellished with studded stars stretches out before her as she stands. The evening breeze wraps her in its embrace.

"It's beautiful," she tells the cat next to her. Saboten licks a paw, then turns his golden eyes to her.

Be careful, Mistress.

"As always, appreciated, little one," Yuki grins impishly. The wind blows her black hood back, midnight moon tinting her hair in sepia tones. She watches him watch her apple-brown eyes that flit back and forth, inky in the moonlight. "You seem to have forgotten that I cannot die."

Mistress. I will eternally be grateful to you for saving me. At the mere thought of her lips, the black cat flushed a deep shade of maroon. Catching sight of the blush that Saboten tried to hide from Yuki, Yuki laughed. Saboten thought the sound of her laughter was like tinkling bells.

In another, better, universe, Kimura Rei and not Saboten would hear that laughter. In that world, the character for Rei's name would mean 'tinkling bells' instead of 'nothing'.

In that world, Saboten and Yuki would not exist, only Amamiya Hoshi and Kimura Rei.

A/N: Thank you for reading this all the way! I'd really appreciate it if you could leave a comment stating ways you feel I can improve. That would be extremely helpful for me! Thank you so much for reading! This is the end.