"Then you would've met a foolish girl trapped in a toxic relationship who is always compromising."

She replied with a laugh, she had thought it through before. And she knew herself, it's not about what happened between them, it's about how he's. A man who cannot accept Denial. Loses his ethics in situations beyond his control. For his own faults and Remorse he'll be compelling others to feel guilty and Grateful for him. In simple words, he's not a Red-flag but a red-carpet, she won't trip to fall for even in her worst nightmare. 

“I just want you to know, you don’t need to fear him for my or your sake.”

“But he's.”

“Or need to be wary of him, you've me.”

Even though it was verbal assurance yet the sense of reliance she felt from his words was enough to make her feel comforted. 
___________

“Stop it Abhi, you've ruined your heart, spare other organs at least.”

Unable to withstand him drinking more. Kartik tried to persuade him to stop drinking. They've just arrived from the hospital after getting his bleeding nose examined.

“For what? To live miserably for long?”

“No, but to donate it to others to live.”

Snatching the liquor bottle from his hand, Kartik retorted sarcastically. To which Abhiraj looked at him irritatingly then tried to pick another bottle.

“You won't let me die, she won't let me live. What I'm supposed to do dammit.”

“Enough, Looking at you like this even I feel repulsive to be with you here I can't imagine her to spare a glance at you.”

“What?”

“Yes, a girl, a mere girl's resolute No, has ruined your rationality sense of dignity.”

“I'm in love with her, she's not a mere Girl but my Love.”

“Love? She won't find you worth being her enemy. Look at yourself in the mirror then tell me, what's left in you to like?”

Throwing the glass of liquor away, Kartik made him turn towards the Mirror side in the room. Compelling him to see his reflection in it. Messy hair, battered lips, eyes red due to intoxication wrinkles clothes. 

“Pathetic.”

“Indeed pathetic externally and from within.”

“I don't care.”

“But people around you do, even Sneha does that.”

The words were like balm for his wounded heart. Yet he was aware even in his intoxicated state that she doesn't care. But listening to this, he averted his gaze from the mirror and looked up at Kartik. 

“She doesn't.”

“She does, not because she loves you but because she fears you.”

“I don't understand.”

“She wants you to live well and move on so that you won't bother her. And she can live without fear with ease.”

“To move on in her life with that punk who punched me.”

Retorting back in disappointment, he looked down feeling extremely disheartened. Then raised his hand to pick the bottle again, but Kartik held his hand and went on his knees. 

“You love her right? Then prove your love by moving on.”

“But how will she know I've moved on? When she thinks I can never change her so-called lover, punch me but she firmly believes th.”