Baby steps 🍼👢

I wake up on the couch, along with CatNap. He wakes up a couple of seconds after me. "Rise and shine, pups." CatNap laughs, as I realize what he's gonna make me do today. "Please, don't." I say, begging him.

"No, no, no. You gotta start all over again. From square one!" He laughs, and I give the straightest face you could imagine. "I'm not getting off of this couch!" I say, folding my arms. "Then I'll lift ya." He laughs as he carries me to the kitchen.

"Before we do all of the events that are gonna conspire... You needa eat, skinny." He laughs at me, and I shrug. "Whatever you say, boss." I say, rolling my eyes. "I'd like to be called that, but that's weird when you think about it, so don't call me that." I says, pointing at me like a parent.

I laugh, and swat his hand away. "Just make me some breakfast already, I'm hungry. And if you make Eggs with some Bacon, I'll let you treat me like a baby." I laugh, and he gets extremely dedicated with what he's doing.

He cooked the eggs and bacon to what seems like perfection. "What the... Since when were you a world class chef?" I ask him, "Since you said I could treat you like a baby." He giggles, "Alright, after I'm done eating, you could help me walk around." I snicker, "And I need to get my exercise in, I don't wanna be this thin forever, I miss my muscle." I say, and CatNap looks at me. "I got some right here." He flexes his arms, and I laugh, "Yeah, yeah. Once I'm done with this whole mess Imma beat you up!" I giggle, "You'll never beat me up, DogDay, let's face it." He looks at me, and begins to laugh.

I roll my eyes, knowing that he knows I'd beat him up if I weren't in the state I was in right now. I eventually finish my breakfast, and CatNap comes over to my seat. "Alright, get ready DogDay." He snickers, and lifts me up, and I smirk. "This is a little humiliating." I say, "That's the point, bozo." He laughs, and I shrug it off.

He lifts me around, letting me use my legs here and there, which I take a couple of steps sometimes, but my legs really don't want to cooperate with me. "This is annoying... Come on legs! Move it!" I try and encourage my own body. They budge here and there, but the result is either CatNap laughing at me, or me taking a couple of steps, and CatNap clapping for me. "Come on, Dayz, you got this." He smiles, and puts me down for a second. I not only take one or two steps, I take six! Wow, I'm actually proud of myself for once!

I hurry and sit down on the couch to avoid falling over. "This is tough." I say, laughing at myself. "Imagine them gamers who don't touch grass. They have it hard, and can barely walk whilst they wobble around." CatNap smirks, and I shrug, "I mean, I'm sure they got it bad, but being in a coma for 2 years, and not walking for those years is probably the toughest. Especially those people who are in a coma for almost 10." I say, shaking my head at the thought.

"Well, the doctors thought that'd be the case, but once again, you survived the impossible." CatNap laughs, making a rainbow arch gesture with his hands.

"Yeah whatever, I'd like to see you walk around with legs that haven't been used in years." I say, "I'd pay to see myself attempt that to be honest, I'd be a sit-down comedian!" CatNap laughs at his own joke, and I can't help but smirk. "Okay, that was kinda funny, almost got me laughing." I say, and CatNap lightly pushes my shoulder.

"What was that for?" I laugh, and he smiles, "Nothing, just for being DogDay." He smirks, and I shrug.

"Should we go somewhere? I don't wanna be here all day!" I say, and CatNap picks me up, and puts me in my wheelchair. "We're going to the store then. Buying us some food and clothes to sooth our fashion." CatNap says, in a weirdo voice. "You're weird." I say, "Well, when I'm around you? Yes. When I'm around a Hill Billy McDonald's toy, no." He laughs, and I remember the moment. "You flamed that guy." I laughed along with him. "All in a day's work." He says, smirking.

They make they're way to the store, and enter the big grey building. They look around, picking up conversations as they search through the various fridges and shelves.

I get this sensation in my mind, this painful one. Feels similar to a migraine, but maybe a little worse. "You alright, pups?" CatNap says, grabbing my shoulder. "Yeah... Bad headache, is all." I say, smiling. He looks at me with a concerned look on his face, "I swear, it's literally just a headache!" I laugh at his face, and he smiles. "I'mma buy some ibuprofen just in case." He says, rolling his eyes.

I shrug, as we go over to the pharmacy section. "Well, this'll be for both of us, since everyone has headaches." He says, and I nod. After finding ibuprofen, we head back to the aisle we were previously in.

I look around, suggesting some dinner thoughts. We eventually agree on Chicken Casserole. We buy some cases of water, and some Gatorade, because CatNap says it'll give me energy, since he thinks I'm sick. Whatever, besides, I like Gatorade anyway. Not that Prime crap that 12 year-olds are drinking. It's too sweet.

We go to the self-checkout and scan our things before dividing them into different bags. We laugh on the way home, making jokes with each other. I missed this, so badly. I can't believe I dreamt of 9 whole years of my life, in the span of a 2 year coma... It's really weird to be honest.

The sensation comes to my brain again, giving me a migraine. "You sure you're, okay? You're holding your head right now." CatNap gives a scared-Ish concerned look.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I might need some of that ibuprofen though." I laugh, and CatNap nods. We make our way to the beloved house that we now could call home. It's a nice house, really. Ten times better than any I've lived in before. Our old house, when I was a kid, was run-down and the water faucets, and everything barely even worked. I'm so glad that we have some money now. Speaking of money, "CatNap, when I'm recovered, we gotta find us a job again." I say, and CatNap nods, agreeing with me. "Yeah, once you do, I'm thinking the bakery or some sort. I know you got some baking skills." He tells me, and I smile, "Well, I ain't a professional level, but we could try it!" I say, nodding.

We peacefully eat dinner, and I can't help but wonder what we deserved for all these events to happen in our lives. We're just normal beings, like the rest of y'all. I guess it's really true what CatNap had said, it's God's plan.

1200 words

------------------

Heya fellas! What's good? I was thinking about uploading an episode every day, and I'm thinking there'll be about 10 parts in this book? Idk.

Anyway, I love you all, and hope all is going well for you guys! And as always, see you next chapter!