Ch6 - The first sin

Tay feels sinned. The man he adores is here, in his arms. The moment New's lips touched his, something evoked in him. Something. A desire. His platonic love is tainted. In his natural response, he held New from his waist when the boy came at him with force. His lips naturally puckered against his. However, he was too shocked to move. His senses were filled with his scent with the obvious proximity.

New, has known how disappointment tastes like. The taste of acceptance feels refreshing on his lips. He breaks the kiss, slowly moving away and looks Tay in the eye. Hands resting on his shoulders. Tay's eyes reflect shock, questions, but they do not portray anything even remotely close to resistance. His stare moves to Tay's parted lips and then back to his eyes. Tay slowly moved closer and it was all the signal New needed.

New meets his lips again. He feels light as soon as his lips touch Tay's. He feels the weight of sadness lifting off.

The way Tay's lips move against his becomes his second most favorite thing about him. After photography. His kiss warrants him—that they have all the time in the world. It's slow, intense and somehow makes New feel like home. Not the one he suffered in but the one he felt comfortable in. He doesn't know how Tay's kiss made the passage to his soul.

Tay's one hand moves from New's back to his nape as he presses his body closer, hugging him tightly, deepening the kiss. They breathe the same air. And after what seems like a long time, they slowly break the kiss, foreheads still touching.

When their breaths level, their arms unfold, they fidget here and there not knowing what to do or say next. Their eyes darting to every corner of the room but themselves. An atmosphere of little awkwardness which was completely absent during the kiss, now engulfed them.

Tay breaks the uneasy silence by pointing at New's T-shirt. "This. This looks really good on you." His voice coming out in partial whisper.

"I-I loved it. This is the best gift I have ever received."

Tay feels contented just at that statement and smiled. "Have you had your dinner?"

"Yeah. You?"

"Yeah." Answer was ready at Tay's lips even before the questioning tone was set.

Their eyes dart again and after few seconds, New puts out a brave request. "Te. Can I stay here till the morning? I don't want to be alone on my birthday."

"Sure. Feel like home. You can do whatever you want. Should you need anything, just let me know." Tay doesn't ask him anything about Earth. Today is not the right time, he feels.

Not that New did not already know what Tay's answers would be, but he still feels happy. "Thanks, Te."

They spent the rest of the evening watching their favorite series Dark Blue Kiss together. The third thing New liked.

***

"You can take the bed. I will sleep on the couch." Tay's hostel condo room is arranged with one medium sized bed and a couch on the right side of it, near the window. "We can both comfortably fit on the bed, Te."

They both laid on the bed looking at the ceiling. New tilted his head to look at Tay. When he looked back at him, New turned around facing away from Tay. Tay only smiled knowing how he can now look at him without getting caught and making him uncomfortable.

But to his surprise, New moved closer to him. Completely eliminating the gap between them taking his arm around his waist. Tay 's heartbeat went crazy as he carefully slipped another arm of his below New's neck for him to sleep comfortably; and hugged him closer. Tay felt intoxicated by how his favorite person smelled like autumn. New is as much of a size of Tawan, but right now he felt like he was holding one delicate being. Holding him scared him for some reasons but it also felt like a privilege.