Chapter 7 Changes

She decided to record an announcement so people who started to wake up wouldn't go out until they cleaned places. She wasn't so scared as the broadcast would only be heard in every room in the cottage. After recording, she went to the broadcast room to put her voice record in the mic."Please stay in your respected places where you are right now, as things outside are dangerous and need to be cleaned. We will announce again when it's okay outside. I repeat, all William caravan members, please go to the activity area."

After the third broadcast announcement, William wakes up.When he opens his eyes, the first one he sees is selenas face. He scoops it so fast that Selena can't react, and he kisses her face down to the neck and kisses her lips intensely. After Selena comes to her senses and pushes William "hey, be serious, okay? A lot of things happened, okay?"William becomes serious and listens to what is happening. Selena said about things, and they stood up and started to walk to the activity hall.

 At first, only the two of them, but after an hour, people woke up and came to the hall. As all of the caravan members came, Selena started to talk about her adventure and her power as a wood Elementalist but did not talk about her space. Even though she trusted those members as she had given them GU, she still hid the facts about the space for assurance in the future. That group of people grows so excited as they long for power since they are members of a suicidal mercenary. 

They have been in a lot of tricky situations, so they also long for power, like in movies; as they try to feel the aura behind six mercenary girls, they feel a wet sensation around their hands; 4 muscular men ignite the flame, one gentle-looking man form icicle five muscular men have a round ball of sand in their hand, one girl have an invisibility power, three have tiny sprout of plants in their hands, and others have extreme physical strength. Others still need to activate their power but will have bigger chances as they have been drinking spiritual spring from Selena. 

Selena and William are confident about their comrades, as they are trained, so they won't be too difficult to handle. 

They decided to follow the second plan, which was to kill a zombie and animals. After the meeting, everyone dispersed and joined teams to kill zombies as per the order and train their power. They started to clean houses to house animals could be captured. Even plants were taken out for future risk.They finish cleaning and taking survivors, and almost 50 become zombies, which are composed of old age and young children 18 were eaten when sleeping. First, they burned those corpses and started to disinfect the contaminated cottages. Finishing their task has already dawned; most survivors fear sleeping. If they slept, they would be in the same situation as that zombie or be eaten by a zombie, so they decided everyone needed to sleep in a separate room. Selena decided to give a bit of spring water.

 She asked people to give to those survivors.

 As she walked around, she saw no shadow of her uncle. At first, she is mad, but she also has some reservations after resting. She knows she can't do things more accurately than her uncle, so her uncle is the best candidate for the leader of this place. She was just a little bit mad about what happened that time at the gate.

 She knew it was not entirely his uncle's fault, so she asked around and out about what happened to Christine and her uncle and the people who insulted her, so she went to her uncle in the office. Hence, she walks through the place and knocks on the door. There is a pause inside the room, but Selena doesn't hear any answer. Therefore, she opened the door and saw her haggard, lean uncle, who looked older than four days ago. She was lost for words as her uncle just looked at her with an embarrassed expression. 

"you sit down," David says to Selena as Selena walks and sits down David took cookies under the table and offered them to her

"Selena, I'm sorry about what happened. I indulge them so much that you experience such insult. I know I'm not worthy of being forgiven. I have been so arrogant this day that I lost count of things. I will go outside after this won't come in front of you. Please don't hate me. You are my only family left. I don't want you to leave me." 

After saying that, David broke down the second time around. He didn't cry when he was hungry or bitten. He didn't cry when there were a lot of failures. He only cried two times in his life. The first time he cries is when he sees Selena for the first time, and she smiles at him. The second time is today. He is also helpless, so he decides to leave but knows he won't go far. He will settle near the resort so he can still look at her.

Selena looked at the nearly 50-year-old man who had burst into tears. She knew how her uncle loved her, as she had memories of the old Selena. She knew how this uncle cherished her and would often hide like a child to give Selena candy without her mom noticing or how he would kneel to make her stop crying. 

She saw it and felt it all. She also has tears in her eyes. She holds his uncle's face and silently wipes his tears away.

 "Uncle, I'm also sorry about what happened. I know it's not your fault, but I took my anger at you. I'm sorry, waaahhh."

Selena burst into tears like a child, like when she was still in her elementary days. Her uncle was startled and immediately took her in his arms and hugged her like when she cries when a young 

"Don't cry, my darling. It's uncle's fault, okay? dont cry," 

and patting her back to stop her from cryingAs they sort out their emotion away, they look at each other with puffy eyes and laugh.After tidying up, Selena talked about her power and others' power. She took her bag and brought out a bottle with spring water in it, which she gave to her uncle to drink. After that, she let her uncle ponder whether he had power or not. David closed his eyes and felt auras around him. After that, he opened his eyes and told Selena, who had wide eyes. 

"I think I don't have power."

Selena looked at her uncle in a complicated way and told him,

 "Uncle, I think you should look in the mirror first."

After she said she gave her uncle her compact mirror, he saw Merriam's half face and half his face. He was so shocked he couldn't react but heard Selena's voice:

 "Uncle, I think you miss my auntie so much; even your power is related to her."

After hearing that, david face and half Merriam's face turns red in embarrassment and shyness.

"Uncle, your power is mimicry. You can copy any face or body as long as you think about it."

Uncle smiled and said

 "Yeah, I've been dreaming about your aunt and want to rescue her, but I sent someone to find out where she is."

Selena just laughed and said, 

"We have our time, but first, we need to train people who have power so we will survive when rescuing Auntie. Also, Uncle is not that strong, yet it's only first level, so only half of its face can copy. We need to practice a lot, uncle."

"yes, I know, thank you, dear." 

after that, they said their goodbyes as they still had things to do.