-I

- Dad ? Emily ? Are you guys here ?

I walked into the house, it was very quiet Not even a sound to fill the silence.

I threw my bag on the couch and quickly climbed the stairs to my father's workshop, no one . I walk down to my sister's room , no one here either. I'm guessing dad took Emily out for a little walk , but as much as I know my father , it won't be long until they come back home. He hates when I arrive home and he isn't there , he loves spending time with me and my sister and he does that as long a possible. I guess all this must be hard for him to handle , sometimes , but he never complains.

Since he is with his ' two princesses ' ( yes I'm still his little princess ) He is cheerful and attentive it's amazing to be always in a good mood like he is.Must be said that he learned patience after all he has been through
My father is a graphic designer , He has a large workshop in the attic that's because he decided to work at home four years ago. After all , I think he didn't have another choice.

When they discovered that Emily was not a normal evolution , She was 2 years old and her gestures were becoming increasingly disorderly her small hands began to whip the air, she couldn't Walk without help , with it not being possible to calm her.Of course she was little , but the doctor said that she should be capable to walk alone by now; without any help. It wasn't the case, Emily did a lot of tests and she did tons of examinations. Mom left dad handle this alone. She used to say that she was very busy working and that she wasn't always available and couldn't be there the whole time. But i think she didn't have the courage to see her little girl suffer from something.

"Rett syndrome" is the disease my sister was suffering from. After a long month of researches , it was rett. I honestly don't know where it comes from or on what it consists , but I do know that my sister is gonna lose , over the years , her ability of talking , walking, also , she won't be able to use her hands no more. She cringes, opens her eyes as if she is surprised , she no longer pronounces a single word, just sometimes screams to call us or make us understand something .When she wants something , we have to follow the movements of her eyes to understand what she wants.

When dad came back one night with the name " Rett Syndrome " , Mom gave up right away
* Flash back *

- David I don't want to , more like I can't. I don't know how to live like that , I don't know how to handle a disease. I am not capable to handle this, I don't want to. You know it David , you know that I hate playing the role of a nurse. You are very solid David , you are , I'm sorry , but I just can't , I am gonna leave , I'm gonna rent an apartment not very far from here and I promise that I'm gonna visit you regularly , I need my own space , you know ?

He didn't answer , he just sat there shaking his head , that was all he said , silence, silence was his speech , sometimes silence is the best speech anyone could ever say.
He got up and went to the kitchen where me and my sister were siting

- so Girls what do you wanna have for dinner tonight ?

I think they have talked longly away from our ears and obviously dad understood my mom , she left four months later , without shedding a single tear. Well , It was hard for all of us to understand or mostly to accept what Emily was suffering from. And it's even harder to believe that it can not be healed and that it won't get better by time , but it will get worse by the years and damage my sister physically and mentally.
Dad was getting thinner every single day , and sometimes , I noticed him staring out of the window it's like he was waiting for my mom , expecting her to come back home , but she didn't , but us three , Dad , Me and Emily knew how to handle our lives , specially me , I was helping dad a lot handling this.Mom never visited us , she said she would but she never did. But since she left , dad has been closer to me and Emily , and this is where it all got better for the three of us.

~~
Hii guys it's mehhhhh hope you guys enjoyed this part so sorry if it's short DONT FORGET TO COMMENT IT WOULD MEAN A LOT AND VOTE love you all Xx Nour