Awakening 💤⏰

I burst awake, with what sounds like a Holter monitor beeping rapidly. "Oh shit!" A doctor yells as my heart beat is still beating at... 300 BPM?!

It starts to go down and down, back to average. "Wow! That was... Unexpected!" The doctor laughs at my clearly fine state. "Hey there, Arthur! Uhm..." The doctor says, looking at his papers.

"Hey... Ugh, what happened?" I say, feeling like I have a migraine. "Uhm... Son... Wanna hear the good news, or the bad news?" He says, "I'll go with good first." I laugh, "So, you survived 8 bullets to your chest and stomach... But you've been in a coma for 2 years." He sighs that last part out, "Huh? Sorry?" I ask. "So, 2 years ago, your boyfriend CatNap got wounded, and couldn't help you as he passes you a gun, to which you got shot up. He managed to slip away with your body, and since you still had a small pulse, he still had hope. You're 28 years old now, almost 29. Your birthday is coming around, so happy early birthday!" He laughs. "Okay, beside the birthday, where's CatNap now?" I ask him.

I hear a knock at the door, and the doctor smiles as he opens it. My tears immediately shed, and so do CatNap's. He runs up to the bed, and embraces me. This is the best feeling in the world.

"DogDay... Oh my..." He cries pounds of tears on my fur and blanket. I pat his back, smiling, "I'm here, don't you worry." I laugh, and the doctor leaves, I guess to give us our moment. "DogDay, I thought I'd lose you!" He starts to laugh as well. "The doctor told me that your heart has stopped multiple times... It's really a miracle." He smiles, and we embrace each other in a long kiss.

"So... All that was fake..." I say, laughing. "ll what was?" He asks me, "The daycare, and Moosy Moose, Birdie Bird, Haystack Horse, they were all fake, my imagination..." I smirk, and CatNap looks at me. "Aren't those the characters we saw on that billboard?" He asks me, "Yeah... So they are real... Just fake in my mind. I went through ten whole years of annoyance and torture, CatNap... And it was all in a coma... That's insanity." I say, looking at myself in the mirror in front of the bed. At least my grey hairs were fake as well.

"Okay, we're gonna have to talk more about this when we get to my house..." CatNap says, "House?! You have a new house?!" I semi-yell, "Yeah... After I escaped with your body, and arrived at this... New town... I went to this doctor's office, and since I had enough money, I bought a house right outside this here town. This place is a lot better than that city." CatNap laughs that last part.

"What is this place then?" I ask him, "Some place called Harrisville... About 15 miles away from that City, I got an Uber to drive me there. He asked some questions, but I managed to keep them... Not obvious that we were escapees." CatNap says, and I smile. "I don't care if we're escapees, or criminals... As long as we're together, I feel like we can take on almost anything." I smile, and CatNap follows.

I sit up, and stretch my body. "I need to eat, I just noticed how fuckin thin I am." I laugh, and CatNap looks at me in shock. "Since when did you ever say that word?" He bursts laughing, "Since 4 years into my imaginary coma." I fold my arms, "I'm a different man." I say, thumping my chest. "Okay, whatever you say." CatNap snickers.

The doctor comes back in with some breakfast, "We got you something to eat, since I thought you'd be starving after this." He smiles, and I nod, as a sign of a thank you.

CatNap talks to me, as I eat, devouring the desired meal. I eventually finish it, and CatNap wipes off the crumbs on my face.

"Seems like you weigh 50 pounds!" CatNap laughs, "Shut up." I say, and he looks at me, "Hey, that ain't nice!" He pretends to pout, and I grab him, and give him a noogie. "Just because I'm thin don't mean I ain't strong." I laugh, and let go as he puts his hair back to normal. "You're so lucky that you're hospitalized. If you weren't, you'd be dead." He laughs, "I'd go to jail if I did anything to you, and the state you're in." He says, and I nod. "I'm in a perfect state, I could walk and everything! If I tried..." I say, proudly.

"Well then, the doctor said whenever you wanted, we could get you outta here." CatNap gestures outside. "Well then I wanna go and see this house, and this town. This room is plain and boring, except with you in it." I smile whilst I say that last part.

CatNap goes outside the room to talk to the doctors to say that I'm ready to leave, and he comes back with a wheelchair. "They said that just in case you couldn't walk, that I'd bring this along." He says, and I nod. "I'm sure I'll manage fine-" I say, as I faceplant to the floor when I try and stand up. CatNap bursts out laughing, whilst trying to help me up, "Come on, legless, let's get you home." He laughs, and puts me in the wheelchair.

I frown at the sight of me being wheeled around. At least it ain't one of those assistants that some people have to buy, I'm a lot more comfortable since it's my lover.

I fold my arms, not wanting the attention. "Come on, you're okay." CatNap laughs at my attitude. "Whatever, just wheel me home already." I shrug.

"You're gonna like this place. It's very nice, and the furniture is very comfortable. It's weird how the houses here come with furniture, but I ain't complaining." CatNap says, and I smile.

"Well I hope it comes with chairs that I can not be wheeled around in." I say, "It ain't that bad! Imma be especially careful with you in this thing, I don't wanna make your legs worse by breaking your femur or something." CatNap says, and I sigh.

After precisely 30 minutes of walking and wheeling, we make it. "It looks nice." I say, "It looks better on the inside, come on, let's go." He says, pushing me to the front door step. This place doesn't have stairs leading to the front door, so I'm glad for that, or else I'd have to be lifted in front of our neighbors and such.

The scent of lavender fills my nostril, and I smile. "Lavender, nice." I smile, "Yeah, my favorite scent, so I decided I'd get some candles scented like it." He smiles back at me. He sets me down on the couch, and sits down with me. "Looks like you're back to square one! Being taught how to walk!" CatNap sorta makes fun of me, I frown. "Okay, you can stop with the legless jokes." I frown. "I'm sorry." He says, still giggling as he puts his head on my shoulder.

He turns on some TV, and we watch Family Feud, shouting out the obvious answers that the families are dumb to where they can't answer. "I wanna watch something else, this makes me mad." I laugh, and CatNap does as well.

He flips through multiple channels. I'm so glad that that was all a huge dream.

1268 words
-----------------
Heya there, how's it going? I promised one of my fellow readers to have this done on Sunday, so here I am. It's a School night, but who gives a fuck? I don't.

Anyway, if you didn't read the description, this will be the final book in this series. Thank you all so much for the support 🙏

And as always, see you next chapter!