𝒳𝒱𝐼𝐼. 𝐻𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓉𝒷𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉-𝒾𝒻𝓈

Act Two; Chapter Seventeen

Word Count: 3561

[Season Two, Episode One]

Ever since Jacqui's death and the C.D.C. exploding, the group had been driving nonstop to Fort Benning. Because of that, fuel was running dangerously low, and as a result, the group collectively agreed to ditch the car that consumed the most, which, much to the owner's irritation, ended up being Shane's Jeep. So, now having no car of his own, Shane was riding in Dale's RV with Jules, Eve, Andrea, and Glenn.

"It looks complicated," Andrea commented as she watched Shane clean his gun.

Shane shrugged off her notion. "The trick is getting all these pieces back together the same way. I could clean yours. Show you how." He then picked up Andrea's gun and hummed, "Oh yeah. It's a sweet piece." In a rather flirtatious tone.

Eve and Jules, who had unfortunately overheard that in the back, sent each other grossed-out glances. Then suddenly, a familiar sound hissed from the front of the vehicle as it came to a full, unwanted stop.

Dale hit the side of the steering wheel in frustration. "I said it. Didn't I say it? A thousand times dead in the water!"

With a sigh, Shane looked up from Andrea's gun and asked, "Problem, Dale?"

The older man shook his head, got off his seat, and stepped out of the RV. "Oh, just a small matter of being stuck in the middle of nowhere, with no hope of..." The moment he noticed they were in front of a permanent traffic jam, he quickly corrected, "Okay, that was dumb."

Daryl pulled up beside the RV with his motorcycle. "There's a whole bunch of stuff we can find."

Following that, T-Dog approached. "We can siphon more fuel from these cars for a start."

Next, various different kinds of hopeful suggestions of what to scavenge came from the rest of the group.

"Maybe some water."

"Some ammo would be nice."

"Or food."

"Also, clean clothes would be good."

On the other hand, Lori uncomfortably voiced, "This is a graveyard. I don't know how I feel about this."

"Wait, does that make us grave robbers, then?" Carl asked in a rather excited tone.

Sawyer shot him a look and raised a brow. "Now why in the world did you sound so happy saying that?"

"Yeah, are you secretly a pirate or something, little man?" Jules asked, holding back a chortle.

"I wish," Carl murmured, kicking his feet on the asphalt before looking up at the two with a smile. "Hey, do you think there might be any swords in the cars?"