Chapter 11 - Game Night

Start from the beginning

"We are both really fucked up, aren't we? Do you think our parents are to blame?" He said casually. He had turned the music back on. It was I need a girl part 2 by P. Diddy.

"Probably," I said confidently, "now come dance with me, fool."

He strutted toward me, in time with the beat, and when he arrived at my side he pulled me toward him, dipping me deeply and lifting me slowly back up to him. As we started dancing, we both forgot all about what fools we were.

∞∞∞

Game night was a big deal in our group of friends for several reasons. The first being that we were all very competitive. The second being that we always tried to split the teams boy/girl. The third being that the girls had been kicking ass at every game we played and the boys were beginning to get a little disgruntled.

We had the unique tradition of making the loser from the previous game night be ostracized at the subsequent game night. Last time we had made all of the boys wear party hats and bibs which said "Crab fest" on them. Tonight we had a little something special planned for the boys. We were going to make them dress in drag. I had texted with Andy about this earlier in the week, when I checked up to see how he was doing.

Hey Michelin man. Eat any mangoes lately?

Har bloody har.

Seriously, you feeling better?

Let's just say I'm taking it one day at a time.

Did you make an appointment with that allergist I recommended?

I did. Booked for late September, is that soon enough?

It'll have to be. You still planning on coming to game night?

I'll be there with bells on.

Speaking of bells. I wanted to mention a little caveat about your attire for game night.

Uh. Ok. This sounds serious.

Nothing like that, it's just... you're going to have to come in drag
Helloooo...

I'm here. I'm still processing your last. What exactly is the provenance of this dress code?

Well, see, the guys have lost three nights in a row. And to discourage the losers, we like to punish them. And the girls got together and decided that we wanted to see you all in drag. Still want to come?

Oh I'll be there. With bells... and heels on, evidently

;P

👠

It was Sarah and Dave's turn to host, so I arrived early with my contribution of homemade chili, two bottles of red wine and my good camera, because I wanted to make sure that the guys' attempt at drag was well documented digitally.

Dave had decided on an 80's theme with a miniskirt, a tank top tied in a knot at the back with a headband in his short, black hair. Sarah had offered to do his makeup, but he insisted on doing it himself and had gone a bit overboard with the blue eyeshadow, giving him a somewhat surprised expression.

Zack arrived soon after I did and was channeling his inner movie star. He looked stunning, his makeup was elegant and not at all garish and he wore one of my stretchy black knee length dresses with little beads on the bodice and skirt. He had also borrowed one of Sarah's bras (I had offered one of mine, but he took one look at my chest and said something along the lines of, 'Kitten, I'm going in drag not as Dolly Parton; let's not overdo it, ok?') and so had a somewhat curvaceous figure and the most knockout legs I had ever seen on a man. He was a size ten, and therefore couldn't borrow my shoes, but apparently had his own because he arrived wearing a well-worn pair of black heels.