Chapter 12 - The Auction

Zack and I had arranged to spend Saturday morning primping at the Spa at the Grand America. We got a couples massage, mostly to save money, he had his eyebrows and chest/back/legs waxed and I had my legs and bikini waxed, a shellac mani/pedi in a dark red color and a shampoo/blowout/updo.

We left the Grand feeling relaxed and well pampered and then on our way back to his house we stopped at the home of his hair stylist Maggie for him to get a quick trim and style. Zack had met her years before, when they had both been working in the modeling business, he as a model and she as a hair stylist.

She was covered in tattoos, full sleeves, neck, some on her face, full back and some on her legs and had multiple piercings. She also was 7 months pregnant with her third child and was the most devoted and loving parent. Her two youngest were running around outside while she trimmed and styled his hair. She really was an artist; Zack had effortless beauty but with her careful ministrations he resembled a Polynesian God.

We hugged all around at our departure and then left in my car, relaxed, massaged, trimmed and waxed and ready to rock out tonight. We drove to his place to resume our preparations, I having brought my clothes for tonight, a bottle of Prosecco for a little pre-partying and my makeup bag.

Zack's chest and arm tattoo, when coupled with his muscled physique, gave the impression of unbridled ferocity. However, when paired with his clean cut look and his beautiful smile it made him look less like a warrior and more like a sculpted work of art.

To further tame down his look, he wore slightly baggy linen pants, and a short sleeve button down shirt, opened to the nipple to show a hint of his tattoo. I knew that his plan was to have the shirt open all the way during the auction, but his natural sense of propriety prevented him from being thus attired so early in the day. I admired him for a full minute; the beauty of him, the elegance of his features and the solidness of his frame.

I walked up beside him, put my arm around his waist and said, "I bet that all of your life people have told you how beautiful you are. And it's true, you are, you are so beautiful. But I want you to know something, and I want you to really hear me when I say this" I turned him to face me, looking into his brown eyes, "you are more than a pretty face and a beautiful body Zack. So much more than that and I want you to know that I see you and I recognize your worth and you are important to me beyond your looks and your smoking, hot body."

He leaned his head toward me so that our foreheads touched. "I love you, Jen."

"I love you too, Zack."

We stood there a minute, just breathing together. "Do I really look smoking hot?" he asked with a grin.

"I'd fuck you on the spot if you could get it up for me" I responded with a grin of my own.

"Speaking of fucking people on the spot, can we just talk about Mr. Andy Hotty McScotty for a minute? Girl that fella is smitten with your kitten. He stared at you the whole night and did you see his face when Sean kissed you at the end of the night?" I shook my head no. "Oh girl, he looked like he was at Def-Con 1. I seriously thought we were going to have to restrain him."

I sighed contemplatively. "I don't even know what to do with that information right now. I have no idea what is going on between us. He is definitely dating Caroline, but after the whole 'mango incident' we haven't really talked about things. I texted him a few times this past week under the pretense to see how he was doing post-Michelin man.

He always texted me back and it seemed like he was very flirty. I actually invited him out tonight and he texted me this morning to let me know that he and his brother are coming. I'm not sure if he's bringing Caroline or not.