Four | The interrogation

ابدأ من البداية

"This is all your fault Mzwa! You know what, I'm going to tell the truth either way," he said. Mzwanele threatened him, "ok Zweli go ahead but just know that if I come back from my suspension. I'll make sure you'll regret being born." 

Vusumuzi intervened in Zulu, "no need for that Mzwa, he'll cooperate."

"As for all of you, if you do this with me then I'll reward you with something," Mzwanele bribed the boys.

"Something?" Boy#3 asked.

"You know my family is rich and I promise to give you anything," Mzwanele promised. The boys nodded their heads agreeing to Mzwanele's proposal.

During questioning 

"Zweli!? Zweli!? Boy I'm talking to you," the principal talked to him. It was Zweli's turn and all the boys were asked Zweli was the last. Mary was also in the office she recognized the word Zweli. " Are you not Mxolisi's friend?" She asked. Zweli was shaking up and sweating. 

"Nope, Mxolisi is not my friend we were just classmates," he replied.

"How did he get injured?" The principal asked.

"He was trying to score a header, unfortunately he hit the post and I accidently hit him on the his ribs, when I was jumping," Zweli lied. Mary didn't believe it and she was angry that every learner said the same thing. "You are lying! Why are shaking up and sweating!?" Mary furiously.

[Zweli whimpered]

"I think it's my fault that why. Now I'm going to be suspended, who wouldn't sweat?" Zweli pretended. The principal was feeling sorry for him and protected him, "I won't suspend you boy. MS Simelane is being overprotective on her child that all. You may go to class now break is almost over."

Zweli left the office, he was afraid that Mzwanele's plan wouldn't work but it did. Mary wasn't convinced because Zweli said Mxolisi was not his friend and Mxolisi once told her that he was with a friend Zweli on his day. "You see no one will bully your child. It was football, this things happens all the time," the principal convinced Mary. Mary left.

Outside the school      

Mary went back home and hoped to find Mxolisi home but he was not home. Mary was worried and she checked his room but still he was there. She searched all rooms and even went to the backyard but he was not there. She went back to his room, sat on couch and she saw a knife down. She thought that maybe he committed suicide.

During second in school 

Zweli kept on thinking about Mxolisi. Mzwanele and Vusumuzi came to him. Mzwanele was smiling because Zweli just chose a side and that was Mzwanele's side.

"You did the right thing to follow our story and now you have just earned your spot on the field," Mzwanele offered him.

[Zweli sighed]

Thando, Aaliyah and Amanda were watching the boys talking. They were wondering what they were talking about. "Zweli doesn't look like your brother, I mean the way you two don't talk to each other," Aaliyah made fun of Thando.

"They are even twins but it doesn't look like that," Amanda intervened.

Thando looked at Aaliyah and Amanda. "What does that have to do with all this?" She said. Amanda and Aaliyah laughed but Thando was really curious about the boys, she wanted to know what was going on and why they were summoned. Thando and Zweli were not talking at all in school but they were twins. Thando was the one who had a problem with Zweli. 

Bell rang

Outside the school

"My boy if you feel like or see that your opponent will not give up. Sometimes you need to give them a win but a temporary win, you're actually making them think that it's a permanent win and you lost. By that time you'll be gaining strength, watching their weakness so that next time they'll underestimate you. That where you'll defeat them because you'll have more strength than before and they won't be ready for it," Mxolisi's father's voice echoed while he was jogging. Mxolisi was practicing to toughen his body from the pain he felt. He didn't listen to Mary when she said he must rest.

After school in school  

Amanda and Thando were sitting together under the tree because they were waiting for Aaliyah. Amanda asked, "Thando do you have a partner?" Thando nodded her head with a no. 

"Well mine is Zulu," Amanda bragged. 

Thando's face changed when she said that. She was jealous of her. "Let me tell you this my friend, you won't go with him," she said. Amanda was shocked when Thando said that. "Why are you saying that ?" Amanda asked.

"That's not important, he'll not go with you and that's final," Thando was bossy.

"Well I think it's important, maybe you want him," Amanda replied.

"I don't, I actually hate him! She said. Amanda stood up and said, "that's your own baby to feed, I'm going with him tomorrow and if you try something, I swear you'll see the worse of me!" Amanda left Thando.