who's the lucky guy

˚₊‧꒰ა⋆˚✿˖°໒꒱ ‧₊˚
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ ᖴOᑌᖇ

𝓌𝒽𝑜'𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓁𝓊𝒸𝓀𝓎 𝑔𝓊𝓎

cordelia's pov

-FOLLOWING my younger brother around as luke talked was not on my to do list. i would much rather be listening to grover's rambling about random topics. but here i am trailing behind percy and luke. "demigods have always fought for glory. they used to call it kleos, it's like this stuff that attaches itself to your name. makes it bigger, scarier, more important," luke explains.  luke turns to smile at me before continuing, "people listen closer when you talk, they work harder to be your friend, and they think twice before messing with you." our conversation got cut short as percy gets shoved by a random girl. i quickly grab percy before he can fall onto the ground as i glare at the girl.

     "knock it off, clarisse. it's their first day," luke defends making clarisse roll her eyes. "so these are the siblings who killed the minotaur, right?" she asked. "yeah," i sneer while raising a brow at her. "i'll bet," she says making me scoff. "what a bitch," i huff once she finally walks away with her friends. percy laughs, "well doesn't she seem nice..." "ares kids, they come by it honestly." "well why don't they mess with you?" percy asks luke. "they know better," luke winks at me causing percy to make a face of disgust. luke's friend, chris, then decides to join in on the conversation, "luke's the strongest swordsman at camp!" "so they leave you alone because of glory?" percy questions.

luke nods prompting percy to continue, "so if i get glory, clarisse wouldn't mess with me either?" "exactly," luke agrees. "and then people will think i'm a big deal?" "well sort of." "and then our dad will have no choice but to claim us!" percy exclaims. "i don't we can force the gods to do anything," i sigh and luke nods with me. "yeah... but it would make it hard for him to just ignore us and pretend we don't exist, right?" percy smiles. "maybe," luke shrugs. "great, so when do we start?" percy asks.

"can i go hangout with grover instead?" i quietly whisper into percy's ear as he drags me. "cora, you can go without your little boyfriend for a few hours. plus we need to get dad to claim us!"percy whispers shouts as we follow luke. i just sigh in defeat as i get pulled around camp. first we tried a sword smith thingy station, lets just say i was definitely not a professional. luke kept saying i did great though, i think he was just trying to make me feel better or something. but i did better than percy who almost set the whole place ablaze. archery was next and guess what! we both failed miserably at that as well. "is there a greek god of disappointment?" percy asks as we sit across from luke. "maybe someone should ask him if he's missing two kids," i add. "oizys, but she's a goddess. and her whole thing isn't really disappointment. it's more like failure," chris answers. "we're gonna find you both something your good at. i know it," luke reassures us. "i'll be back," i announce as i see grover in the distance. "where are you going?" percy questions as i stand up from my seat. "i'll be back," i tell him before rushing off towards grover.

percy's pov

-CORDELIA rushes off in a random direction and i look across from me to see luke staring at her. "what are you looking at?" i question him with a skeptical tone. luke just sighs, "your sister is pretty." i internally gag at his words as i lie, "she has a boyfriend, sorry." "she does?" luke asks making me nod. "yep! they're super duper serious too. they're so in love so i'd advise you not to try anything," i give him a sweet smile. i hear luke sigh before he opens his mouth, "so who's the lucky guy then?" "it's actually grover!" i blurt out another lie. "like the one here, at this very camp?" "yep," i nod. i watch as luke shakes his head, "grover has never even brought up having a girlfriend before." i just shrug in response and continue eating my food.

cordelia's pov

-CATCHING up with grover was pretty easy. "grover!" i shout as i run towards him with a smile. "lia?" he asks while turning around to face me. he immediately pulls me into a hug as i talk, "i missed you." his face flushes as he rubs my back gently, "i've missed you too. how's it been going?" i pull away from him slightly to look up at him, "it's been so boring without you! like all i've been doing is following percy and luke around. i even tried to leave them to find you earlier but goldilocks wouldn't let me." grover just laughs and shakes his head, "as much as i would love to stay here with you i've got to go do something. and i think you should go back to percy."

     i roll my eyes even though i know he's right. "fine. since you just wanna get rid of me so bad," i groan jokingly while wrapping my arms around his neck. "you know that's not true," he replies giving my waist a small squeeze. "mhm... i'll see you later or something. bye grove," i say as i place a soft kiss on his cheek before walking off with a red face. "uh, yeah... bye lia!" grover stutters out with a wave.

i walk back to the table to see luke sadly poking around his food with a fork and percy shoveling his own food into his mouth with a proud smile. "hey guys," i make myself known as i take a seat next to percy. percy smiles at me, "where did you even go?" "went to see your boyfriend?" luke questions with a jealous tone as he stares at me. what the hell? "what are yo-" an elbow went straight into my ribs before i could even finish my sentence. i look over to percy with pained expression and raise my brows at him but he just shushes me. "whatever. i went to go see grover!" i answer with a big grin on my face. percy stifles a laugh as luke scoffs but before anyone could say anything bells rang.

"it's our turn," luke says as he stands. "our turn for what exactly?" i ask while eating some strawberry cheesecake. "burnt offerings. the gods like the smell so it gets their attention before you say a prayer," luke informs. percy furrows his eyebrows, "they like the smell of burnt mac n' cheese?" "they like the smell of begging," chris corrects while chuckling. "you burn what you will miss the most. then they know you really mean what you are about to say. so they listen," luke tells us.

    i found a small cleared out spot in the woods. a small fire inside a can dimly lit up the woods surrounding me. i sigh as i grab a couple blue candies from my mom, this better work. i drop them into the fire before i speak. "hey mom, i don't even know if you can hear me right now. but i hope you can. i know you always hated when the phone would ring the night after you drop me and percy off at a new school. i would tell you how awful and cruel the other kids are and how we'd wanna come home." i wipe some stray tears off my face as i take a deep breath, "the good news is, this isn't that call. i think i've made some friends here, good ones. i think the people here actually really like me and percy. imagine that... but he isn't even here mom. our father, he just didn't show. ignoring me is one thing, but he doesn't get to ignore both you and percy. i'm going to make him come down here. i am gonna make him see you and percy."

I THEN PUT OUT THE FIRE.

˖⁺‧₊˚˚₊‧⁺˖
𝕒𝕦𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕣 𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕒𝕜𝕤

if there are spelling mistakes feel free to correct me. i am so sorry for not posting! i've been super busy since i just moved houses! so my apologies hopefully i can get back to posting regularly soon. but i also have other books if you want to check them out! thank you so much for reading and don't forget to vote
i appreciate you<3.
love, aim

got any ideas for the story? ———->

૮꒰ ˶˶