peter and coral

˚₊‧꒰ა⋆˚✿˖°໒꒱ ‧₊˚
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTE TᕼᖇEE

𝓅𝑒𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒸𝑜𝓇𝒶𝓁

cordelia's pov

-HEADACHES are something i'm very used to, but this time i felt like i just got ran over three times by a truck. my body was stiff as i laid on a very uncomfortable bed. i forced my eyes open and i saw a blurry figure, "where am i?" the blurry figure moved hair out of my face as it said, "i'm here, it's okay." my eyes closed shut as i dozed off again.

     i woke up and saw my brother in the bed next to me and grover sleeping in a chair next to my bed. i sat up making a creaking noise as i tapped on grover, "wake up, grove. grover?" grover's eyes fluttered open and he smiled as he immediately pulled me into a hug. "you're awake," he says with relief. i wrapped my arms his neck but our hug got cut short as percy cleared his throat. we looked over at percy and grover realized he was staring at the minotaur horn, "it's a big deal to kill a monster like that, so we wanted everyone to know." i sat at the end of percy's bed as he asked, "you saw what happened to our mom?" grover looks down at us with sympathy, "i did. i'm sorry for everything. my job was to protect you and get you here safely. maybe if i told you both the truth a little sooner, your mom would still be here." i blink away my tears, "it's not your fault."

     "where are you going?" grover questions as percy stands up and drags me to the door. "it was so important we get here because our father's a god. so we're going to find him," percy says with confidence and i raise a brow. but i wave at grover with a smile as percy pulls me out the door. "where are we even going?" i question percy as he continues to make me follow. "i don't know... but we're going to find answers," percy answers as we go inside a room and see a man drinking coke. oh i would love some coca-cola right now.

     "excuse me? i'm percy jackson and this is my sister cordelia. we're both new here," percy tells the guy. "peter and coral johnson are here!" the man yells out causing percy to flinch at the tone. "okay... that's not really our names. we're looking for the office or for whoever is charge," i say as grover enters the room. "mr.d, the camp director. mr.d this is cordelia and percy," grover introduces us. the camp director rolls his eyes after removing his glasses, "yeah, grover, i heard them the first time." percy looks at him with disbelief, "but did you?" grover grabs mine and percy's arms to turn us to him, "you both really don't wanna start with this guy." "this guy is starting with us," percy argues as i nod. "the d is for dionysus. that is dionysus," grover informs making me confused. "who the hell is-" "the god dionysus?" percy asks cutting me off. "yes," grover answers before percy turns back around.

     "excuse me, your highness," percy says making me snort. grover pulls me to his side as percy continues, "i think our dad might be around here somewhere. i don't know how to ask, we don't even know his name. but i think we should see him, i think we really need that right now. so can you help us?" mr.d smiles before replying dramatically, "i think i can... son." "dad?" percy asks as i just stare at mr.d with annoyance. did he really think we would believe this? like percy, maybe. but me? absolutely not.