you fell in love with god?

˚₊‧꒰ა⋆˚✿˖°໒꒱ ‧₊˚
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTE TO

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒻𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝒾𝓃 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝑔𝑜𝒹?

cordelia's pov

-APOLOGIZING is something i hate doing, but here i was looking around for my mom to give her my best apology. "mom?" i furrow my eyebrows as i see a figure sitting in the rain. she immediately comes inside as she hears my voice and she pulls me and percy in for a hug. "i'm so sorry mom. i tried really hard this time, but it wasn't my fault. it wasn't our fault," i mutter into her shoulder as i tear up. we all pull away and percy looks down at his now wet clothes and grimaces.

     "i found gabe on the phone with the headmaster, he told me what he think happened with nancy bobofit. i told him i believed my kids, it was a really short call. what matters is that you both are here. and that i had enough time to pick up your welcome home gift," she tells percy and i as she pulls out blue candy. "thank you," we say at the same time as we take the candy.

    "he also told me what happened with grover. do you wanna talk about it? is there something else you want to talk about?" our mom asks and i exchange eye contact with percy. "something has been happening to both of us. it's more than just our minds wandering. it's gotten way worse and we're scared," percy says. she then yelled, "gabe!" i rolled my eyes as he approached us. "cordelia, percy and i are leaving for montauk, i'll have the car back by sunday morning." gabe made a face, "whoa, whoa, whoa. since when are you going to montauk?" "i called to reserve the place as soon as I got off the phone with yancy." "who's yancy?" gabe asks my mom stupidly. "the school. dumbass," i roll my eyes at him and my moms eye widen as percy tries not to laugh.

     gabe sneers at me, "i'm gonna let you get away with that just this once." i shake my head and he turns back to my mom, "okay. so why exactly am i okay with this?" "because on my way home on sunday, i'm gonna stop at d'angelo's and pick up sandwiches in time for tipoff, but if you make this miserable, i'm gonna go anyway and then i'm gonna eat my sandwich and yours while i listen to the game on the radio," she tells him. "you know i hate watching the knicks alone," gabe whines. "so do i!" "make sure they put the hot peppers on my sandwich, please?" my mom raises a brow, "not if your gonna ask like that." "i said please. please, could you have them put the peppers on my sandwich?" my mom then nods, "you got it."

    gabe then turns to look at me and percy, "take your shoes off before you get in my car. you understand me?" before either one of us respond my mom speaks,"we have a lot to talk about, but uh, that storm out there, it's getting angrier, so let's get ahead of it. we'll talk at the beach, okay? pack your bag. let's go." i quickly threw things into a backpack and then got into the backseat of the car. "why do you always get front? i'm older,"  i complain. percy laughs while turning to look at me and sticks his tongue out, "because i'm better." i push his head and roll my eyes at him, "whatever goldilocks."